Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have searched older threads on this forum but I am not finding any solid conclusions.

Does anybody have any recommendation for a good rear cargo rack and cargo box that works and is easy to install?

I did find this but it says instructions in Japanese?

https://japan.webike.net/products/23376577.html

Also, do rear carriers require me to drill into the bike? It looks like the one I linked goes to where the rear passenger foot pegs bolt into.

Thanks,
MrElusive

·
Registered
65 Posts
Theres a rack on Amazon that I installed on my friends bike. It cost about 100 bucks and just mounts to the 4 bolts where the rear fender goes.

For a cargo box, use a medium Apache case from harbor freight. it's a pelican knockoff, and a **** good one for about 20 bucks. Just drill it and bolt it to the rack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
awesome color, haven't seen that one yet. rack looks good I've thought about getting myself one

Reactions: crakerjac

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks. I ended up paying a little 'extra' to get the 2019 orange over the 2018 red. Both look great, but I'm a sucker for orange.

The rack, as purchased off Amazon/eBay is alright. The last one I had got bent almost right off the bat.. I think someone thought it would be cool to lean/sit on the rack to test its rigidity for me... This time around, I had some supports welded on and since the origional finish was a little more than spray paint, I had it powdercoaded in a textured finish and looks nearly identical to the rough finish on other (plastic) parts of the bike. If you can't tell, I am stoked how it turned out. I wish the tubing on the rack itself wasn't cheap hollow tubing, but having a whole rack fabricated from scratch would have cost me a small fortune... and I already have more into this than I care to admit...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts