Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

Rattle

439 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  robgmod13
Hey!
My bike has a weird rattle to it and I can not see to figure why it is rattling.

Here is all that I know:

Bike does NOT rattle when in Neutral and give it throttle.
Bike does NOT rattle when in first gear and clutch pulled in when you give it throttle
Bike DOES RATTLE when in first gear and clutch not pulled in and when you give it throttle. Sounds more like a clicking noise but also like a bolts in a can.

this all started to happen after I installed new clutch springs and new clutch plates. I opened up the clutch case, and none of the springs were broken abs nothings seemed to be out of the sort within the case.
But it is weird how It’s impossible to shift from 1st to N, only can shift from 2nd to N when engine running, don’t know if that relates to anything but figured I’d write it down.

please let me know if you need anything else! I am really confused and desperate.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Shifting problems always scream bad or old oil to me... but seeing as you just installed a new component (i.e clutch plates and springs) if you did not have this issue before that id assume that your installation may have been off. Did you align the clutch plate teeth before reinstalling the pressure plate?
Check clutch cable 1/8" slack again. the plates will take a minute to settle into final setting sometimes and the slack setting can change

Check this post to see if it looks like what you did for install.
If all seems good check the bottom post "Any problems after install Re-check list " dimensions for compliance

Reactions: 1
Hey! My bike has a weird rattle to it and I can not see to figure why it is rattling. Here is all that I know: Bike does NOT rattle when in Neutral and give it throttle. Bike does NOT rattle when in first gear and clutch pulled in when you give it throttle Bike DOES RATTLE when in first gear and clutch not pulled in and when you give it throttle. Sounds more like a clicking noise but also like a bolts in a can. this all started to happen after I installed new clutch springs and new clutch plates. I opened up the clutch case, and none of the springs were broken abs nothings seemed to be out of the sort within the case. But it is weird how It’s impossible to shift from 1st to N, only can shift from 2nd to N when engine running, don’t know if that relates to anything but figured I’d write it down. please let me know if you need anything else! I am really confused and desperate.
Make sure you check the outer most friction disc is not lined up with the others .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts