Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been discussing dual sport tires with Kaw'ee on the site here and knew no matter my choice I needed to raise the front fender. Well, everything you need is already on your Z with the exception of a bracket I made on the rear of the front fender which wasn't rocket science. Taking the headlight off is the first step, move the fender up a hole on the fork legs, drill a hole in the headlight bracket and mark one that lines up on the back of the front fender that you will drill in the front fender when it is removed. (these holes are for the bracket you make) I'm sorry most of the pictures are sideways....they are fine on my computer. The most challenging part of this project is getting the headlight out of the way !

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Right on jroy :wink2:
All pic's are to dark to tell if you used tubing and Tig welded Tabs on or did you smash the tube end , bend & drill ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, that is a piece of 3/8" tubing, 4 1/4" long, flattened 7/8" on each end, drilled and rounded off.
Once again I apologize for the pictures. I sent the Forum a note to see if they could at least turn the pictures the right way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do not put the bracket on the back of the fender...….with the fender mounted to the moving fork legs this creates a problem and won't let the forks move up and down. Sorry !

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Right on again jroy kudos to you for coming back and showing you made a Boo-Boo :wink2: Theres 4" of travel so thats as close as it can get to the headlight when mounted on the lower fork leg and the upper leg and seal will hit now that i really look at it .
If you want it that high of course there is another way :grin2:
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/wh...-today/13170-duel-sport-front-fender-mod.html
I did trim the back of the fender more after the post for the Air-Flow problem .
hit me up there if you decide to try that and have any questions .
Theres another lift option as well that looks pretty cool :cool:
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/ti...e-tires-installed-maxxis-m6024.html#post33401

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK..... I think I've corrected my mistake and raised my front fender to my satisfaction. I may whittle away on the fender a little more, but for now I'm done. Pictures show bracket I made out of tempered aluminum 5" wide, 3 1/2" deep and 3/32" thick. A thin foam pad is between the bracket and the headlight. I still used the one I made out of tubing on the rear of the fender. Fender bracket sits on headlight bracket posts and bolts to the fender.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts