Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of R&G frame sliders for K's bike today. Fancy little suckers. As frame sliders go, it looks like an unusually complicated install -- not just the usual 'bolt 'em on with two engine mount bolts, pack wrench away, and have a beer' deal. I may give it a go this weekend. The instructions look straightforward (or 'tout droit', if you're reading the French version), but if anyone of you out there who've installed a set have tips to offer, I'd welcome the info.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is there a bar that goes between the two sliders?
Yes.

The R&G Aero sliders aren't made for the pro version of the Z125 so they will not fit 100%.
I had to put spacers with the bolts for the sliders that go into the engine covers. Even then it doesn't fit right.

I have wrecked multiple times and only once have the sliders hit the pavement. Bar end sliders take the majority of the hit and with wide enough bars, the aero sliders won't even touch the ground.

IMG_0667 by Colt Anderson, on Flickr

·
Registered
316 Posts
But those Wometec axle sliders look like they take a beating, or is it just making clearance in the corners?
Oh they took a beating.

I have lowsided on them several times at the track and they work great as well as the bar end sliders.

Money well spent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As Colticus said, the engine plates require spacers and my Chimera intake sits really close. I sometimes bang my shins on them too...

·
Super Moderator
1,940 Posts
it looks like an unusually complicated install --
not just the usual 'bolt 'em on with two engine mount bolts, pack wrench away, and have a beer' deal.
have tips to offer ?
After seeing the reply's .... I'd have the Beer First ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've personally been on the fence about ordering a set of these. my legs are pretty long, and I hug the tank when I ride. axle sliders are a must, and I already have Driven bar ends/ lever guards. Colticus, your bike looks like an absolute blast!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've personally been on the fence about ordering a set of these. my legs are pretty long, and I hug the tank when I ride. axle sliders are a must, and I already have Driven bar ends/ lever guards. Colticus, your bike looks like an absolute blast!
while the fit isn’t 100, they still work and I would buy them again. They are fed the best looking imo.

My bike is an absolute beast on the track and a lot of fun. It is much more fun than a big bike imo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If all goes well, I'll be doing the install this weekend. I'll report what I find.

Unless we get some good hang gliding weather this weekend. Then I may end up doing the install next weekend :smile2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The install is done, and I see what you fellows mean about the mounting plate. The left hand plate goes on easy, but the right hand plate doesn't quite clear the clutch cable bracket. The options would seem to be dremel a recess in the plate to accept the bracket, use some spacer washers to move the plate 2-3 mm away from the engine cover, or buy an R1. I didn't have dremel. so the first option was out, the third options seems a bit pricey, so I went with Option Two... which meant sorting out how many spacers to use with the engine mount bolt and the bar the sliders bolt into.

Bottom line: it's a nice piece of kit, and I'd be happy to buy another if we get two bikes (don't give my wife any ideas!), but it takes a bit of fiddling to get it to fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts