Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my stock mirrors, I could only see my shoulders and elbows. Bought some cheap mirrors on Amazon which worked great right up until the time the clutch side started to flop around...lol. Looking at the Koso and wondering if they offer a better rear view than stock z125 mirrors? I know the quality certainly looks great and like the Faux carbon look as it matches the frame covers.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did you ever get these? I'm looking for some bar end mirrors too. Skeptical of all the 20 dollar sets, worried about "floppin' around". I can't see much past my shoulders with the stock ones.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not yet. I was hoping someone could answer my question first about them improving visibility over stock mirrors. Plenty of views but no reply answering that question. I'm not a big fan of small bar end mirrors so I've been looking for more standard mounting alternatives. Some have used CB1000R Honda OEM mirrors with good results. May give that a try if I can't get an answer on the Koso's. I don't mind spending $70.00 or so if the mirrors improve the rear view but not just because they look cool. Looks like ur a neighbor.....I'm in RI.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
[email protected];116959 I was hoping someone could answer my question first about them improving visibility over stock mirrors. .[/QUOTE said:
The KOSO have the same dimensions as the stock mirror and removing the stock Lh/Rh adapter puts it 3/4" lower for the KOSO RH thread . So dont think you will gain enough even with the adjustment factor ? .
Up and out being the only options . bar ends seem to be best but never had them my self and I ride with 1/4 of my hand off the end of the grip so they wont work for me. I went 2" higher by installing my rock risers , but still just barley good enough but I can actually use them now. So out is the answer.
what we all really need is a extension bracket .Measuring it up for my needs 2 1/2" would be perfect and put it right to the start of the grip, so it will still fit/look good... I'm sure MNNTHBX is busy working away on a design right now (hint-hint) .

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The KOSO have the same dimensions as the stock mirror and removing the stock Lh/Rh adapter puts it 3/4" lower for the KOSO RH thread . So dont think you will gain enough even with the adjustment factor ? .

Not sure what you mean by stock adapters but on my bike, the mirrors screw right into the control perches (10mm threaded holes). Groms have 8mm-10mm adapters. Do you mean the Koso's have some type of thread adapter? Maybe the best solution is one of the inexpensive mirror extenders available all over the bay. They move stock mirrors up 35mm and over about 40mm. They just enhance the mickey mouse ear look though. The Koso's certainly improve the look of the z, especially in the Faux Carbon fiber.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts

Not sure what you mean by stock adapters but on my bike, the mirrors screw right into the control perches ..Do you mean the Koso's have some type of thread adapter? /QUOTE]
Lift your rubber boot (pic 1)
No.... The aftermarket ones are usually RH thread , so they screw right in to the stock perch "without " needing the LH-RH Adapter.. (Pic's)
And I'm with you on not wanting to go any higher from the handlebar height , so thats why a straight out 2 1/2" tab is what I'm thinking .
And, My kids bought me a Press for F-Day so going to increase bend in my stock mirror to lower it a inch or two. (Micky mouse look)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Kaw'ee

Thanks for the clarification! Never knew those were hiding under the boots on the Z as well. My Grom had them and I assumed it was just because Honda used the same part # lollipop mirror (And talk about dismal) for both sides.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Hardracing

Hardracing, my apologies for posting here. I didn't notice it was in your Sub-forum :confused:... Have HR sticker on my tank, if that helps get me off the hook at all . lol

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts