Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to build some additional HP into my Z but I don't want it much (if any) louder than the stock setup.
Has anyone done the ECU, Big bore, cams, etc. using the stock exhaust system? Results?
Or are any of the aftermarket kits nearly as quiet as stock?
I ride early in the morning, And can't wake up my neighborhood...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Tough call. Almost all big bore + cam kits are done with a full exhaust, and all full exhausts are way louder than stock. You might be treading new ground.

There is one guy in the Bazzaz maps database who has a big bore kit with some head work, but stock intake and exhaust. Noise was obviously a concern for him Maybe you can hunt him down to chat about it.

·
Vendor
684 Posts
Our 144 w/ head will transform the bike, even o the stock exhaust. The single weakest stock item on this bike is the head, by a LARGE margin...

·
Vendor
684 Posts
I love it already. We don't hype stuff, so when the paying customer validates what we say, I smile, and take great pleasure in their satisfaction. Enjoy....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Must have grabbed a big handful with that BBK and run himself plumb off the road....somebody send a search party to his neck of the woods!
I'm planning on going all out with the stroker and the biggest kit I can get in a month or so... But, I am wanting to keep the stock airbox due to intake noise. Does anybody REALLY know how restrictive the stock one is?? It seems there Is a LOT of volume inside that box....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts