Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to build some additional HP into my Z but I don't want it much (if any) louder than the stock setup.
Has anyone done the ECU, Big bore, cams, etc. using the stock exhaust system? Results?
Or are any of the aftermarket kits nearly as quiet as stock?
I ride early in the morning, And can't wake up my neighborhood...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Tough call. Almost all big bore + cam kits are done with a full exhaust, and all full exhausts are way louder than stock. You might be treading new ground.

There is one guy in the Bazzaz maps database who has a big bore kit with some head work, but stock intake and exhaust. Noise was obviously a concern for him Maybe you can hunt him down to chat about it.

·
Vendor
747 Posts
Our 144 w/ head will transform the bike, even o the stock exhaust. The single weakest stock item on this bike is the head, by a LARGE margin...

·
Vendor
747 Posts
I love it already. We don't hype stuff, so when the paying customer validates what we say, I smile, and take great pleasure in their satisfaction. Enjoy....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Must have grabbed a big handful with that BBK and run himself plumb off the road....somebody send a search party to his neck of the woods!
I'm planning on going all out with the stroker and the biggest kit I can get in a month or so... But, I am wanting to keep the stock airbox due to intake noise. Does anybody REALLY know how restrictive the stock one is?? It seems there Is a LOT of volume inside that box....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 165cc kit with the stroker crank, ported V2 race head, ported intake manifold, 28mm throttle body, ninja 300 injector. I took the stock muffler and cut in into three parts. I cut the cats out and welded it back together and opened the port on it where the weld it. (Part closest to the head) and it flows real good and is quite for sure. Way better than my race pipe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 165cc kit with the stroker crank, ported V2 race head, ported intake manifold, 28mm throttle body, ninja 300 injector. I took the stock muffler and cut in into three parts. I cut the cats out and welded it back together and opened the port on it where the weld it. (Part closest to the head) and it flows real good and is quite for sure. Way better than my race pipe.
I'm not sure I follow you. Do you have any pictures or know of any videos of others who have done this? I would like to see how this is done ! Stuck on what exhaust I would get with the 143cc kit . Any info is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
I cut the cats out and welded it back together and opened the port on it where the weld it. (Part closest to the head) and it flows real good and is quite for sure.
Did you leave the 2 baffle plates in and open them up at all with more or bigger holes.
And did you leave the exit tail pipe the same size
Pic's would be great if you took any

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry guys I didn’t take any pics. But if you look around on the Fourm you should see some pics of how the cats are in the muffler. its perfect for sure flows very well and is not loud at all. I’m sure a race pipe is a little better but way too loud for me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you see KAW’EEs drawing I cut the muffler Just in front of each converter and then drilled out the catalytic converter‘s and weld it back. Left all the other tubing in place. It’s a perfect mod and not loud at all but flows much much better

1 - 19 of 19 Posts