Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm super confused when it comes to picking a big bore kit to buy for later.... What is the difference between these two and which one I should get in the future... I'm looking for more top speed out of my 2018 Z125 pro... Much advice would be very helpful :)

Mnnthbx (Big Bore Kit)

TB 178cc (Big Bore kit - Amazon)

Just a Side note: I just got my engine tuned using a Hoedar ECU today soo a fuel controller is already covered :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
143cc you don’t have to bore your case for the cylinder to fit, if you split the case you can add a stroker crank to make it 155cc, but if your going to split the case you might as well bore it why it’s apart, I would not put a 67 mm bore piston(178cc), because the area between the head stud and the cylinder get rear thin, it’s more prone to let a head gasket leak, I have a 64mm bore with the stroker crank making mine 177cc it a strong bike but a nice 155cc deal runs really well

·
Registered
824 Posts
Difference between your MNNTHBX and Amazon links are that MNNTHBX is includes a V2 head and the Amazon link is just the jug. That's the big driver for the price difference. You are also looking at a 143cc jug and head vs a 178cc jug only.

I don't know for sure if the 178cc jug will work with stock head.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just ordered the
143cc you don’t have to bore your case for the cylinder to fit, if you split the case you can add a stroker crank to make it 155cc, but if your going to split the case you might as well bore it why it’s apart, I would not put a 67 mm bore piston(178cc), because the area between the head stud and the cylinder get rear thin, it’s more prone to let a head gasket leak, I have a 64mm bore with the stroker crank making mine 177cc it a strong bike but a nice 155cc deal runs really well
I just ordered the 165mm with the stroker crank and the 2v race head. I have the 143cc with the 2V now but wanted to bump it a bit more. The kit come with everything they say. Race cam, injector and manifold. Looking forward to the build. If anyone is interested in the 143cc cylinder and head I have I’ll most likely be seeing it. Comes complete. What are you guys using for oil coolers?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Moral cooler, i tried the China cooler, i tap it into the head oil feed, it did not work well so I just switched over to one with the sandwich plate that I know works well on a friend bike, private message me what you want for the v2 head

1 - 6 of 6 Posts