Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a z125 pro 2017 with 200 miles and my mods are currently the chimera air intake and about to install a toce exhaust.

My question is would it be worth it to run both the Bazzaz Z fi and Z afm? or would the Z fi work with a generic map work?

I Live in SoCal and plan on casual riding. New to this stuff so I don't know a lot of tuning or anything.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Bazzaz w/ AFM, and I'm not happy with it. If you go that route, you will notice that the connectors are garbage. This is a well-known problem with the bazzaz and caused me to chase my tail trying to figure out what was going on when my bike would randomly die or not start. Also, the tuning on the Bazzaz is pretty basic but functional. If you want to adjust the rev limit or timing, you have to go with something other than the Bazzaz. Another option is the aRacer RC5 mini that just came out for the Z. I've heard nothing but good things from people about aRacer in general, and It also looks to have a ton of tuning capabilities. Its a complete ECU replacement so should function better than a piggyback like the Bazzaz. If your interested go to drow's website. They are currently on pre-order status, and I was told when I called that they are presently in customs and are expected to ship this week.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Bazzaz w/ AFM, and I'm not happy with it. If you go that route, you will notice that the connectors are garbage. This is a well-known problem with the bazzaz and caused me to chase my tail trying to figure out what was going on when my bike would randomly die or not start. Also, the tuning on the Bazzaz is pretty basic but functional. If you want to adjust the rev limit or timing, you have to go with something other than the Bazzaz. Another option is the aRacer RC5 mini that just came out for the Z. I've heard nothing but good things from people about aRacer in general, and It also looks to have a ton of tuning capabilities. Its a complete ECU replacement so should function better than a piggyback like the Bazzaz. If your interested go to drow's website. They are currently on pre-order status, and I was told when I called that they are presently in customs and are expected to ship this week.

If your dead set on a Bazzaz w/ AFM, ill sell you mine for a good price after they ship my aRacer RC5. I also have an extra connector to replace the one that is bad (currently i just have mine zip tied up to work right) that I will give you with it, or I can replace it for you before I send it, whichever you prefer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Toce flashes the stock ECU now.... maybe an option to consider. I doubt there is much of a difference if any between the chimera and the toce intake, and since you are getting their pipe it may be your best bet... I have no personal experience with toce products through...

·
Vendor
752 Posts
If that exhaust actually performs well, we have maps that are great, and wouldn’t require the additional purchase of the AFM. As for the above posts, we sell more Bazzaz units than anyone in the country, and can say a connector issue, is in no way a “known issue”. If the poster purchased through us, I’m sure they received any help required from us, but again, the ZFi has proven hundreds of times here to be extremely effective, and is by far our preferred tuner for no reason other than it works so well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If that exhaust actually performs well, we have maps that are great, and wouldn’t require the additional purchase of the AFM. As for the above posts, we sell more Bazzaz units than anyone in the country, and can say a connector issue, is in no way a “known issue”. If the poster purchased through us, I’m sure they received any help required from us, but again, the ZFi has proven hundreds of times here to be extremely effective, and is by far our preferred tuner for no reason other than it works so well.

I did purchase my Bazzaz through MNNTHBX. I don't fault you guys for this failure; I fault Bazzaz. As far as support from you guys, I never contacted you about this issue, so you can't be held responsible for me not getting support.

If you go through this forum, there are instances of bad connectors causing issues w/ the Bazzaz. There is even a video on youtube showing a connector with loose pins like mine. When I was having a problem with my Z dying, I talked to some of the guys in my local mini group, and the instant response was "Do you have a Bazzaz?... It's the FI connector, its poorly built and has loose pins that causes it to cut out, check it first... happens all the time." that was precisely my problem. Seemed a bit odd that someone was instantly able to diagnose my problem without knowing anything more if this isn't a known issue. The guy was either really lucky at his diagnosis, or he has seen or heard this happening more than once before. This isn't to say that the Bazzaz is a bad product, they just use poor connectors and pins on their harness.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my bazzaz from you guys, as well as several other orders, and i had the same issue with the fuel injector connector, chased tail for 2 weeks with it randomly acting up. Do you know if they recently switched suppliers for that connector or something? It seems pretty common. I understand you are just a distributor, but being the largest distributor, maybe you could bring it to their attention so they might remedy it? Once again, not knocking you guys at all, ive been extremely satisfied with you so far, shipping is always promt as ****.
https://youtu.be/55a3e6_1KKE

·
Vendor
752 Posts
We actually have a great working relationship with them, and their concern and support is one of the primary reasons we support the brand so much. All information is conveyed to them directly, and they take it seriously. That said, we’ve not seen this as a recurring issue, as we move so many of these, and our sample size is enormous. As always, please contact us with any issue, and we’ll do our best to ensure you’re happy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I had the same issue with the fuel injector connector, also had the pigtail to the O2 sensor was actually wired incorrectly. After weeks of frustration, I broke down and took my bike to the local dealer who interacted with Bazzaz to find the issue with the pigtail.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I had the same issue with the fuel injector connector, also had the pigtail to the O2 sensor was actually wired incorrectly. After weeks of frustration, I broke down and took my bike to the local dealer who interacted with Bazzaz to find the issue with the pigtail.

When did you buy your Bazzaz?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I believe it was around December of 2017 or January 2018. Now I'm debating if I want to go with the AFM or pay a guy $250 to dyno it for me. I'm leaning toward the dyno since I had so many issues with installing the bazzaz, not sure I wanna open that can of worms again! Then I would need to remove my m4 exhaust, find a guy to weld a bung on, reinstall, hook up afm, etc., etc. $250 for a dyno seams pretty cheap to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts