Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i bought this power commander with autotune so I don't have to mess with anything. Get it all installed and the afr will read normally at idle but while riding they jump to the 500's 馃槼

Everything I have on the bike should be fine.
Yosh pipe
Mtake
PCV w/ autotune and Pod300
143cc bbk.

I thought maybe it was the charging system cutting it off but I ran it to to the battery directly and did the same thing.

Please help. I'm getting very frustrated at this point and I don't want to give up.

Registered
Sounds like there might be a connection issue at fuel injector or O2 sensor. Possibly try double checking the connections.

Registered
Yeah, I second Dagner's thought of it being a connection issue any time you see an intermittent or "jumpy" set of readings. If you have checked all your connections and are sure it's not anything related to the installation you might try searching the Web as there is a ton of PCV info out there. If nothing similar turns up you should email Dynojet's Tech support with all the symptoms. I had a PCV shut down on me recently and it required a "reinstall" of the firmware to get it running correctly. I wouldn't have thought of that, but they diagnosed it and now it's running perfectly again. Good luck with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I went back and checked all connections. One wire was a little loose on the autotune from Box to the sensor. Adjusted that. Then went into the settings on my autotune and changed the warmup time back to 60 seconds. Also on the pod 300 I was reading the sensor from the wb2 menus. So I switched it to the afr from the PCV menus. Seems to be working and reading correctly now. Will be doing some more testing soon and get back with my results.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
i guess the mtake is fine dont have anything to compare it to. fits well looks good performs like advertised

i changed the autotune setting to wait 60 seconds before starting and on cold days afr still read in the 500's until what i presume is the wideband sensor finally getting up to temp and starts to drop in to the 30's then finally 11.8ish where i have the target afr.

could i maybe have a bad wideband sensor or the dynojet resistor plug? not heating up quickly enough? or maybe set the autotune to turn on after 90 seconds instead of 60?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I am glad to say that a new wideband sensor has completely fixed the issues. It is reading properly and autotune is working great. Bike feel a million times better now with a few good "tuning" sessions.

Now to practice wheelies!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
stumped again. so I figure I'm going to add back the 2 degrees of timing across the map I took away originally. since everyone else I see using the bazzaz with a similar setup and not being able to mess with timing I figure the pcv is can handle this. now bike goes into limp mode at just 213 degrees?!?!? am I wrong in zeroing out the timing map. also strange considering others are tuning to 12.5 afr and having no issues. I am targeting 11.8 afr and still having problems. please help.

Registered
Ok so i bought this power commander with autotune so I don't have to mess with anything. Get it all installed and the afr will read normally at idle but while riding they jump to the 500's ��

Everything I have on the bike should be fine.
Yosh pipe
Mtake
PCV w/ autotune and Pod300
143cc bbk.

I thought maybe it was the charging system cutting it off but I ran it to to the battery directly and did the same thing.

Please help. I'm getting very frustrated at this point and I don't want to give up.

My brother please help howd you make the auto tune work with the yoshi pipe the o2 sensor i have dosnt fit in my yoshis bung its to big

Registered
Big White how are you liking the POD-300? I am running same setup but using brocks(exhaust) and chimera(intake). Also what target AFR did you set your autotune at for the 143BBK?

Registered
Big White how are you liking the POD-300? I am running same setup but using brocks(exhaust) and chimera(intake). Also what target AFR did you set your autotune at for the 143BBK?
did you ever hear back on what target he's using? I'm thinking of adding an auto tuner also and I have a 143 kit and all the stuff that goes with it. cam, intake, air cleaner and 27mm TB. trying to get a good starting point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts