Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was running all of a sudden with a really bad vibration and did not want to go over around 20 to30 mph and when trying had gotten worse. I've tested everything I get a coil pack code when I wire jump to get codes but it has never flashed it or engine lighted to stay on to check codes. After making it home I went to start it and it never fired back up. A shot of ether it fires till ether is gone. I've new plug new battery. My coil checks out just fine. I turn the key and fuel pumps up . Yet when I turn the key off the bike makes a 1 or 2 second buzzing sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took my hose off the fuel pump under the tank and turned the key I'm not getting any fuel coming out. also when cranking , no fuel coming out. I'm almost sure when I was checking though that my fuel pump was priming but not long as should. When I first checked my bike I pulled the injector and had a spray but no start issue was still going. Maybe was starting it's issue? . That buzz after turning off the key is new since I first started diagnosis a month ago.

·
Super Moderator
2,107 Posts
If your fuel pump only cycles for 1 second (bad ignition switch) instead of 3 seconds with every new key-on start cycle test for 6 volts at ignition switch connector .

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Line Font

Is your bike is a 2021 and your not past the 1000mi mark yet then probably the 2021 ECU issue with the coil pack code showing

Font Parallel Document Number Symmetry

·
Registered
881 Posts
If it runs when you spray ether in the TB, and stalls when the ether is burned up... it sounds like a fueling issue. I'd check the fuel pump.

edit: dangit.... Kaw'ee beat me to the punch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ty guys a lot. My bike is 2017. My ECU checking ok with warranty when I took it in for replacement of warranty. Your mentioned is about what I have not tested . I'm not getting any fuel thru the pump . ??? What is that buzz after I turn off my key right now? Not even starting just turn on then of and I hear a beerrrzzzz. Like 2 seconds long? Ty again for brainstorming with me!

·
Super Moderator
2,107 Posts
You didn't respond to this so make sure you check. Anti theft will stop/kill 12V supply to fuel pump relay.
[ If your fuel pump only cycles for 1 second (bad ignition switch) instead of 3 seconds with every new key-on start cycle test for 6 volts at ignition switch connector ]

check the connector into fuel pump with a extra wiggle and push up

Could be just low battery volts so need to rule that out by checking for 12.4V min or jump from auto battery to confirm its not a battery voltage issue. And the actual connections come loose a lot

Next check fuel pump relay for 12v at blue wire. if all good there I'd pull the fuel pump and check wires inside

I've never jumped 12V straight to the pump in hand but would look into that maybe but service never run dry for more than 3 seconds and that could be why its not flowing

only test is to measure output , but you have none i guess

Automotive lighting Bumper Font Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Electrical wiring Gas Wire Cable Electrical supply

Vehicle Circuit component Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Gas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts