Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ProTaper SE XR 50 Bars ... 1" taller than stock and just a bit wider overall and with the less angle made it high enough so i dont need Risers ! (see pic),. But, with the bend out farther on the pro tapers the left side needs rework required to get it all to fit . Had to trim the turn signal housing at a angle to get it up flush to the clutch perch ,otherwise the perch was mounting down in the bend area . and had to trim the stock grip back 1/2 inch to get it so it wasn't hanging off the end .(see pic's).Then re-route wiring for turn signal harness , easy unplug behind headlight and re-route. Front brake line tight on full drop, had it zipped tied to in the front of clip at first but then put it back in the clip and see what happens ..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update ...

The XR50 Bars are 1" higher than stock bars, and about the same width as stock with the bar ends in. and tilted slightly forward they will give a 2" lift . but you have to trim the turn signal housing and grip and a file a slight radius in the clutch mount on the bottom side. Due to the bends are out farther on the Pro Taper bars leaving less room for the controls
So, you get a 2" lift for just the cost of the Bars

The KLX 110 bars are a better choice with Handlebar Risers (1" 2" 3") if you want Higher Bars due to no trimming like the XR bars because they are 3" wider (1 1/2" per end) . But being 3" wider overall (1 1/2" per end) and not sure what cable and wiring Re-Routing is required
So, you have the cost of the Bars plus the Risers .
If you just want Pro taper KLX 110 bars that are the same height as the stock bars with no additional height . they are 3" wider overall (1 1/2" per end) and not sure what cable and wiring Re-Routing is required having gone with the XR bars myself . And if you cut them down to the stock width to avoid any Re-Routing , then your going to have to do the same XR50 bar trimming procedure.
But if I had it to do over again , I'd go with the KLX110 and Risers , because I ended up going with 2" risers as well anyways :D

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
I measured the klx bars to be shorter in height by a half inch than the stockers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Could I just add risers only to stock bars to raise them up an inch or 2?
Without changing cables or extending wires or hoses?
Thanks...
Id like my bars taller without any more fuss than necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts