Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a plug n play yet with a power commander on there z? Doing intake and exhaust and wanna do a power commander.....was reading about someone having issues with there check engine light keep popping on? Anyone??

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
pcv

i have the power commander 5 and the difference was amazing to me. when i installed the pre loaded map was fine or so i thought until 2 days laster i took to dyno and found out i was doing 7.20hp. once we dyno'd we 10.02whp and man i could feel the difference! carries top speed in a light wind 5-10mph easy, revs up smoother, power wheelie in first all day hahahah clutch up second easier. i commute on mine about 80 miles a day when i take it out. Overall get the pcv and go get it dyno'd!

·
Registered
325 Posts
That sounds about right. I ordered mine with my Brocks pipe from Brocks when they had a sale just before Christmas. Came with an installed map that I haven't played with yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered Power commander and Auto Tune. I dont have a laptop or home computer. Theirs no Dyno near by either. Thats why i got the Auto Tune too.
Plan to pick up a cheap laptop for it. What do you guys suggest. Its pretty much just for the PC. Dont want to spend more than 200.00 for it.
-

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would just get a little cheapo netbook. .You can probably get something at best buy or walmart for less than $200. Heck. .I've got a Acer i'd sell you for $200 shipped. It's definitely overkill but works great for the PCV.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone have a map for a pipe + intake they are willing to email?

I just installed a Brocks pipe with Chimera and can't find a map for anything with an intake.

j_posa at sbcglobal.net

Greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does anyone have a map for a pipe + intake they are willing to email?

I just installed a Brocks pipe with Chimera and can't find a map for anything with an intake.

j_posa at sbcglobal.net

Greatly appreciated!
I am not sure if this will work but there is a map in bazzaz website for Brock's exhaust, intake, for 87 octane.

Maybe you can plug in those numbers manually on pcv. But again I'm not sure if it will work since pcv also have control on timing and bazzaz is only for fuel

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an Aodonly pipe with a chimera. I added pcv/autotune/quickshifter (because I had an extra laying around) for giggles. Rides nice and loud, smooth and has a significant amount more power. I'm 6'4 230 and was flat road top speed of 55mph stock, after mods I'm pushing 62 mph flat road

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a modded intake just added a hole b4 the filter and the auto tune only I'm getting a surge when Rolling off of full throttle 8500 rpm ish not sure what's going on bike feels sluggish on rolloff I only have a limited background in 2smokes and big bore 4s

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have the power commander 5 and the difference was amazing to me. when i installed the pre loaded map was fine or so i thought until 2 days laster i took to dyno and found out i was doing 7.20hp. once we dyno'd we 10.02whp and man i could feel the difference! carries top speed in a light wind 5-10mph easy, revs up smoother, power wheelie in first all day hahahah clutch up second easier. i commute on mine about 80 miles a day when i take it out. Overall get the pcv and go get it dyno'd!
What do you have done to it? exaust/intake? I did pcv/autotune and not noticing that much of a power bump... I'm running exhaust/intake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts