Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read online that I now need to run two o2 sensors for the PCV and autotune?

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Do I need to run the stock o2 sensor as well as the autotune’s wideband sensor?

· Super Moderator
430 Posts
You do not need the stock O2 sensor. In fact, if you leave it plugged in the ECU will get a sniff of any adjustments the Autotune is trying to make and try to cancel them out. An O2 Eliminator let's the Power Commander and Autotune take over (which is the whole point in owning them in the first place) so you can run whatever fuel table you want.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just started up the bike with the PCV and Autotune sensor… the o2 is smoking!? Would this be caused by not having the eliminator?
This is my first time messing with anything like this😂 I appreciate all of the help!

· Super Moderator
430 Posts
Just started up the bike with the PCV and Autotune sensor… the o2 is smoking!? Would this be caused by not having the eliminator?
This is my first time messing with anything like this😂 I appreciate all of the help!
Smoke is always a cause for concern, but if it's brand new theres a very good chance it's just assembly lube/grease or some residue to keep it from rusting in transport.

Most O2 Sensors (both of yours including the Autotune wideband and OEM narrowband) have a heater function built in. It gets pretty hot when first turned on simply because it doesn't produce accuate results until it's hot, and waiting for the exhaust to heat it up takes at least a few minutes. With the heater function you can see accurate results in under a minute. Make sure you set the time delay on the Autotune for at least 60 seconds after a key cycle for this reason (I don't know why they even have this as an option, should be mandatory).

Here to help. Keep those questions coming!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smoke is always a cause for concern, but if it's brand new theres a very good chance it's just assembly lube/grease or some residue to keep it from rusting in transport.

Most O2 Sensors (both of yours including the Autotune wideband and OEM narrowband) have a heater function built in. It gets pretty hot when first turned on simply because it doesn't produce accuate results until it's hot, and waiting for the exhaust to heat it up takes at least a few minutes. With the heater function you can see accurate results in under a minute. Make sure you set the time delay on the Autotune for at least 60 seconds after a key cycle for this reason (I don't know why they even have this as an option, should be mandatory).

Here to help. Keep those questions coming!
Funny you say that, I had disabled the 60 second delay thinking that it would be OK… Im going to wait for the eliminator to arrive and go from there. Hoping the smoke is caused by what you said, or possibly the pinch of “anti seize” I applied to the threads.
Thanks a lot! I highly respect all of yours knowledge. I’m sure I will have more questions in the near future😂

· Super Moderator
430 Posts
Just got the O2 eliminator yesterday. Plugged it in, got the Autotune running. Rode about 40 miles check engine light is now off. No complaints! Thankyou!!
Glad to hear it and feedback is always appreciated. Have fun and if there are any questions or issues down the road please don't hesitate to reach out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts