Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a power commander from Hardracing.
I have watch the video several times for the install.
At the end of the install he is plugging in a optimizer into the old plug for the 02 sensor.
If you plug this in, he said you dont need the old one anymore.
What do you do with the cables that went from there to the exhaust. If you unscrew that from the exhaust and discard yo know have a open hole in your exhaust. or does that stay screwed in and you
just tuck it out of way.

You know what I mean.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my case, I ended up installing the autotune which replaced the stock o2 sensor. .so no hole in the exhaust bung. If I didn't have the autotune, I would consider getting a plug for whatever size bung the stock exhaust has. .or leaving the sensor in there and just tie up the harness.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we leave it in there it doesn't effect anything?
what would you plug the bung up with?
I bought the auto tuner as well. I was just going to run with out it for awhile.
Not sure if I have to have a new ring welded onto my yosh exhaust or if its a direct fit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Leaving the sensor in there disconnected will not do anything since no readings are being provided due to the O2 optimizer termination. Note that with the AutoTuner, an 18mm bung is required. Not sure if the Yoshi has that or not. Luckily my Werkes exhaust does. .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I installed the power commander this evening. I had ordered the auto tune but didn't install yet. The box for the power commander is marked that it is mapped for my yoshimura and intake. I am not sure if I have to hook to a computer to download that set up or if its programmed in the auto tune. But my top speed dud not change. When I just had the chimera intake with no exhaust and power commander my top speed was 66mph and 64 on gps. Now I have intake with exhaust and nothing has changed. Doesn't feel any different. So am I missing something here. Anyone with similar results. You speed over 1000 you hope for some positive results not dissapointment. Maybe hard racing would like to chime in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So I installed the power commander this evening. I had ordered the auto tune but didn't install yet. The box for the power commander is marked that it is mapped for my yoshimura and intake. I am not sure if I have to hook to a computer to download that set up or if its programmed in the auto tune. But my top speed dud not change. When I just had the chimera intake with no exhaust and power commander my top speed was 66mph and 64 on gps. Now I have intake with exhaust and nothing has changed. Doesn't feel any different. So am I missing something here. Anyone with similar results. You speed over 1000 you hope for some positive results not dissapointment. Maybe hard racing would like to chime in.
First - you won't get your full potential until your bike is broken in, so if you're under 700-1000 miles you probably won't get too much of a difference(people report a noticeable gain after around this time). Second, you will get a stock map but you will still want to run auto tune because every bike is different. You will get some big changes at first until your autotune trims start equaling zero. Third, your stock gearing won't allow you to make over a certain speed(better tunes will only make you get there slightly faster). Can't remember the stock gearing speed. But it's right there around where you are saying. So once your bike is broken in and your auto tune is finished tuning, you can probably look into gearing higher if you want a higher top speed(maybe going to 15T front)

Reactions: ozcomz

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tf you leave your stock o2 sensor screwed in and not hooked up it can cause harm to the o2 sensor probably

1 - 8 of 8 Posts