Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I have a 2017 z125pro that I've had for about 7 or 8 months and has about 3500 miles. The only modification is a removed airbox that was replaced with a k&n filter that the prior owner did. The only thing I've done to it has been to change the oil before winter. The bike's been running great up until a few weeks ago. The top end seems to be a little anemic now. There is a stretch of road that I regularly ride and get up to 67 mph. Slightly downhill. I'm about 200lbs. Recently, the past few rides it can't get it past 62 on that same stretch of road and the top end seems to be a bit...chuggy? no more like a pulse, up and down. The closest discussion I've seen on here is this one

However it involves some modifications, clutch, cold air intake etc, that seem to increase the variables changed that could have resulted in the issue. For me NOTHING has changed since I got it. Its just running a bit sluggish. I can hit the rev limiter in other gears but struggles for that last 10 percent in top gear compared to what it could do previously. I ordered an engine additive and a new spark plug. I'll try those, replace/clean the air filter, put new gas in it and see what happens. But any help on this would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
804 Posts
How many miles are on it? Have you checked the valve clearance?

How much oil is in it? Did you check oil when it was on the side stand or upright?

When was the last time you oiled the K&N air filter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply!
About 3500 miles on the odo
Have not checked valve clearance - I don't know how
I put in a quart when I changed the oil but I'll have to check what's in it now.
I've never oiled the k&n filter.

I'll do these this weekend and see how it goes. Except valves unless I figure that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts