Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 z125 pro
53 Posts
Are you big bore or stock displacement? Did you notice if the oil cooler made a difference and the bike runs cooler? The engine covers on my little Z get HOT 🥵

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you big bore or stock displacement? Did you notice if the oil cooler made a difference and the bike runs cooler? The engine covers on my little Z get HOT 🥵
Stock for now, i do plan on big bore soon. It def cools the case down. Well worth it imo. Especially since i normally ride it hard. Lol

·
Registered
2017 z125 pro
53 Posts
Any leaks or issues? Does the oil cooler come by itself or in a “kit” with lines and the mounting brackets/hardware? Which brand cooler? Why is the sky blue ? Lol jk sorry for 50 questions after seeing your oil cooler I want one 😃

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any leaks or issues? Does the oil cooler come by itself or in a “kit” with lines and the mounting brackets/hardware? Which brand cooler? Why is the sky blue ? Lol jk sorry for 50 questions after seeing your oil cooler I want one 😃
No leaks at all. I check all the time. Im anal about stuff like that and i was a little worried about that myself. But its good. Its a kit with lines and such. I designed the mount that its on though. The one that comes with it mounts to the head. I didnt like that. This mounts to the stock airbox location and supports the fairings as well. I bought the oil cooler from mnnthbx and its a morin racing brand. The sky is blue because of gases and particles in the earth's atmosphere scatter sunlight in all directions. Blue light is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. And ask as many questions as possible. I dont mind. I love this bike and talking about it. Lol

·
Registered
2017 z125 pro
53 Posts
Haha nice blue sky explanation lol, ya I think I’m gona go ahead and buy one. I reached down today at a stop light and touched the right side engine cover and burnt the crap 💩 out of my fingers lol. I also plan on a big bore and stroker crank one day and know these coolers are a MUST HAVE for that. I think maybe man in the box should give you like 5% off ur next purchase for selling me on their cooler lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
Agreed with all. The white looks super clean with the polished wheels, the oil cooler looks spiffy (and functional), and all your red accents just finish it off.

Aesthetically you've nailed it. Now get those power mods started! 😉

Sorry if I skimmed over this answer but did you upgrade the oil pump to support the cooler or is it not necessary?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agreed with all. The white looks super clean with the polished wheels, the oil cooler looks spiffy (and functional), and all your red accents just finish it off.

Aesthetically you've nailed it. Now get those power mods started! 😉

Sorry if I skimmed over this answer but did you upgrade the oil pump to support the cooler or is it not necessary?
Stock oil pump for now. Shouldnt be an issue until i do big bore kit and stroker crank.

·
Registered
2017 z125 pro
53 Posts
I’m so torn on how to squeeze more power out of mine. Originally I was thinking the same thing big bore and stroker crank. The more I count the penny’s it would cost to do what I want the more I’m leaning towards a different route.

Option 1:
New ecu - 400
New AF1 kit - 300
Takegawa oil pump- 100
Oil cooler kit - 150
34mm throttle body- 300
Good intake - 120
HD clutch kit- 60
Lightened primary gear- 70
DID cam chain - 40
Big bore kit w head - 600
TOTAL- $2,140 (I’m sure if forgetting something and it would be more)

Option 2:
YZ 250 2 stroke not running - already own
Bottom end rebuild- 500
Top end rebuild - 300
4 reed valve system- 100
Lots of cutting/fabbing/welding- lots time
Lots of other sh1t I’m forgetting- 1000
TOTAL- $1,900 ish / maybe

Option 3:
Leave stock and put a tank of gas- 2.50
Buy another mini (Honda monkey) - 3,000
TOTAL- $3,002

decisions decisions 🤔

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should do a write up of my parts. Lol.
I have chimera intake, amazon exhaust (lol) and an a racer mini5 ecu, with the hd clutch kit, lightweight primary and quick turn throttle. All well worth the money.

This isnt the full list. But "power mods"

·
Registered
2017 z125 pro
53 Posts
Care to elaborate on the quick turn throttle? The stock one almost has to be twisted completely all the way around and is annoying imo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Care to elaborate on the quick turn throttle? The stock one almost has to be twisted completely all the way around and is annoying imo.
Yes. You replace the stock throttle tube and it reduces the amount you need to twist till full throttle. It imo is one of the first mods anyone should do. They have cheapo plastic ones. But i spent the money and went with the real deal aluminum one. Worth every penny!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is the stock cable still good to go with the new tube? Which one did you pick up?
Stock cable is fine. Just replace throttle tube. And you will need new grips. Lol

I also swapped my shift lever and love shifting the bike now. Had alot of neutral hits instead of 2nd gear and this eliminated that.

Most of my stuff came from mnnthbx.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts