Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm running a PCV with auto tune and a quickshifter (for giggles). I am running a zoom loops exhaust with chimera intake, lightened primary. I was running an auto tune map off the stock base PCV map which was set at a base of 13.4 AFR and it was building as intended but didn't see much of a power difference. I was talking to Tommy Davis and he said that the Auto Tune kills the power and will only give you about 80% of the power that a tune can get you. I was able to get the top speed up to roughly 67 where its supposed to be, but I switched to a premade PCV map for the zoom loops and gave me some more bottom end torque but I basically sh!t the bed at about 60 mph and won't climb. It does pull pretty good with the PCV zoom loops base map compared to the auto tune map I made.

My question is should I attempt to auto tune the PCV tuned zoom loops map to try and incorporate my fuel due to my intake or just make a brand new auto tune map? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks, Jesse

(I can attach maps if you want to see what I'm currently running)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have no experience with these maps, I'm a carb guy... but if it were a carb, and the low end was good but it ran out of steam on the top end, I would:

Keep Mixture screw (idle setting, just off idle)
Keep idle jet (low end)
Consider raising needle (mid rpm)
Increase main jet (high rpm)

So...

Why not create a custom map? Keep the low rpm settings from the map that gives you good low end performance, and use the high end rpm settings from the map the lets you pull to 67 mph?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts