Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It worked :wink2::wink2::wink2:

Installed my bypass plug/optimizer and after a year of my CEL's codes showing for the o2 sensor are off :grin2:

Can't do a performance report yet because i'm coming from my carburetor to DFI at the same time to test the bypass plug
But will do some testing for seat of the pants report soon as I find a good area/hill/location to see a difference more easily with & without the bypass/optimizer

Made a short video showing how the CEL o2 codes show up, and how the bypass/optimizer got rid of the o2 sensors codes.

And as a thank you to KAWASAKIBRAD for yet another FREE part :grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
307 Posts
Thanks Kaw'ee! I really appreciate the mention. Isn't it nice not staring at that little yellow light all the time?

But just so everyone knows, the reason Kaw'ee got his was because he helped me source the plugs (which I was originally struggling with). I had promised when I finally got them in production I'd send him one for his troubles. So it's technically not exactly free ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
No problem. Looking forward to the yellow light off. :) What other mods do you suggest? I got a SC Projects pipe but not sure if I’ll put it on. (noise).

·
Super Moderator
307 Posts
The intake wakes it up quite a bit. That's probably the biggest bang for buck I've found. The stock bars really suck so that needed to be dealt with. Other than that it's pretty much odds and ends. Unless you go for nitrous or something. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
307 Posts
Cool. What intake?
I'm running a setup similar to this:
This one is very nice and best overall in my opinion:
If you're feeling spendy:

HP differences? Honestly I'd laugh if there was more than a 0.1 HP difference between them. Even if there was it would be well within the dyno margin of error, or a hundred other variables. However, throwing the piece of garbage stock intake in the............garbage, and installing one of those ^^ makes a HUGE difference. Just depends on budget and fab skills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts