Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy ya! So I been having an issue getting my bike tuned with the Hoedar ECU where the AFR is jumpy and while it definitely hauls a lot faster it keeps dying on me when coming to a stop at around 2mph. The guy tuning it said it might be my OTB intake or valve lash but he is running out of options tuning wise and I just wanted to know if anybody out there had the same or similar issue. If any one has a clue and could input their 2 pennies that would be awesome. Thanks all.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Did you check everywhere for vacuum leaks? I'd use a propane torch to spray gas and direct it around all intake parts to see if the motor changes speed. Might be able to use butane as well. Spray it down the air cleaner so you can see how the engine reacts, then get to checking mating surfaces, etc.

I'd probably check valve lash, cylinder compression, fuel pressure and then cam timing.

How does it run on the stock computer (if possible)?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check everywhere for vacuum leaks? I'd use a propane torch to spray gas and direct it around all intake parts to see if the motor changes speed. Might be able to use butane as well. Spray it down the air cleaner so you can see how the engine reacts, then get to checking mating surfaces, etc.

I'd probably check valve lash, cylinder compression, fuel pressure and then cam timing.

How does it run on the stock computer (if possible)?
Thanks for answering. It does run on the stock computer without this stalling issue though much leaner with my intake exhaust setup and I was never able to get it above 55mph for my life. It’s a fairly new bike with 380ish miles but I will check valves. And I will try the gas spraying method as well. Thanks a bunch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts