Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hearing news of the Z125 finally heading to America was great but one downside is we only get 2 colors to choose from, along with what we're getting, Thailand also gets Orange.

Orange was one of my favorite colors and hopefully Kawasaki USA makes it available sometime soon

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well Kawasaki probably picked the 2 colors they thought would sell the best and that "Candy Burnt Orange" color has been offered in the past on other models and hasn't sold very well. But if you REALLY want that color it's not that hard to just repaint the body panels yourself. I'm going to repaint mine(just to make it look different) and I've had good luck before with the paint from ColorRite Paint:

Kawasaki 17L Candy Burnt Orange

There are only 6 body parts that are painted on the Z125(from what I can see) so it won't take long to remove, prep and spray them. Or just take them to your local painter. The GROMs come in much more boring colors than these 2 choices and plenty of GROM owners paint them as well. I'm thinking the ZX-14R metallic blue....

Kawasaki 25V Candy Surf Blue

·
Registered
466 Posts
The paint choices are fine and with such a cheap bike that leaves you with a lot of extra funds for little changes like the paint color. I actually like the green so I'm fine with the choices but if I ever get bored, plasti dipping the panels shouldn't be hard.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starting to see it as a good thing, gives me an excuse to get creative with vinyl wrap which with bikes it easier to work with or for those not wanting to be hands on, can pay a shop to do it and won't pay a lot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think that a casual bike like this would benefit from giving people the option of some different paint colors. People would probably love to be able to customize it. They could also be saving the orange for a year or two later. They can then have a big media push and renew interest in the bike simply by offering a new color.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'll get grey and then just decorate it with stickers and the like. I prefer the neutral light tone as a base for other stuff i want to do.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that's true but it does help for us to get more options, options that are already available elsewhere. It's really just the plastics they need to add and that's it!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For anyone interested in wrapping their bike, this is a good tutorial on how to do it, but you'll want to look up more video's from other sources

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well Kawasaki probably picked the 2 colors they thought would sell the best and that "Candy Burnt Orange" color has been offered in the past on other models and hasn't sold very well. But if you REALLY want that color it's not that hard to just repaint the body panels yourself. I'm going to repaint mine(just to make it look different) and I've had good luck before with the paint from ColorRite Paint:

Kawasaki 17L Candy Burnt Orange

There are only 6 body parts that are painted on the Z125(from what I can see) so it won't take long to remove, prep and spray them. Or just take them to your local painter. The GROMs come in much more boring colors than these 2 choices and plenty of GROM owners paint them as well. I'm thinking the ZX-14R metallic blue....

Kawasaki 25V Candy Surf Blue
Colored body kits of all the plastics will eventually show up on sites in Thailand and Malaysia and you can just swap them all out.

Reactions: WOT

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point and they will be somewhat cheap to ship since it wont weigh much. Plus chances are someone looking to make a buck or two will import a bunch of them, save on shipping and sell for a slight profit.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'd just go with plasti dip if I really want to change the base color since I change my mind all the time and when I want a new color, I can simply rip of the plasti dip layer and spray on a new one.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That will be a great way to go about it, much easier than vinyl wrap but those looking for variation and something more creative can get a wrap done. On a bike it will be a fun weekend project but getting the pros to do it is best, but of course that comes at a price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts