Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my z125 and wanted to put a few miles on it so pulled the z out and got on it. I was going just one mile to the taco place but made a wrong/right turn and thought I would go up Mt.Hamilton for a few minutes. I was trying to keep it under 4k rpms but going up the mountain that is an 8% grade with a fat guy on it that was not working out so up to 5k it went. I kept telling my self I will turn around at the next corner and after 20 miles I stopped to take a few pictures. Than back to it, it's a one line road and up hill I can't pass but all the way up everyone pulled over and let me pass. Next thing I was at the top but no tacos there so I thought I would stop at a friends, there I found cold beer but once again no tacos. After a long pause I rode down the dirt road 3 or 4 miles and came to another friends home. Once again no tacos but a second beer. (Not that I encourage you to drink and drive please dont).
After some time I could take it no more and started the 6 mile ride back to the top of the mountain slow and steady climbing up and up.than the down hill began.

To be continued

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So at the top of Mt.Hamilton sits Lick Observatory some good info on goggle if you what to see some great pictures and learn about it. the road up to it is called the dirty 130 or hwy130. Lots of dirt and gravel on the road and sand from the snow.
Ok, on with the ride still telling my self, I can keep it under 5000 rpms. now at about 56 miles on the new Z125 pro . I start down the mountain past the cop car at the top. But he wasnt in the car, the pig was in the pen. So, I go for it right to 4000 rpms yeah 27 mph. Going though the turns like world super bike! like motor gp! The first big hair pin turn is coming up I go for it flying around it. 5000 rpms (you now like 35 mph) and I hit sand and the back end slide and catches. That was not cool it though the tacos wait, what's the rush. So I cool it and just start getting in to the ride getting a feel for the new z. Going though the turns no brakes just smooth letting the engine braking do the work. Pretty soon I come up on a fjr1300 big power full hwy bike with a big guy on it, in the turns I am faster ( did I say still under 5000 rpms) in the straits he's gone. We catch a car and I can see this guy just goes flying around it and I am sure he is like later little dude. But no the car pulls off for me and bam I am back on the the guy. Thu same thing happened two more time he passes they freak out and pull off for me and i am on him again he is in the way. So I go for the pass he see me and gases it and he's gone, the strait away is not that far so he will be gone soon. Than I see him just going away passing two than three cars. Then two of the cars take Quimby road to the right, one car and the the go strait I keep on and about ten minutes later there he is again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I kind of do want to pass the guy. I am starting to think about in and I think maybe I can and keep it under 6000 rpms. I start watching the road up a head planning looking for safe tie to get him then a short strait and I would get back to him then I think he had enough and the road opened up as we got to the bottom the speed limit goes up to 40 mph and he was going 60. But the stop sign was coming up maybe he would stop at the bottom of the hill and talk. We catch one more car as we get to the stop sign. I pull up next to him he looks left and gases it goes around the car that is in front of us pulling away from the stop sign. And is gone I think he didn't like having a little.biker ride with him, Oh well.
I don't care because I am now back where I started a few blocks from tacos.
Than it happened I got tacos!
And the little z got to pick on a bike bad biker man. And that's my story and I am sticking to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That red looks great, if you search e bay for; z125 mirror block off plug. You can get some anodized screws to fill in the empty holes from the stock mirrors for a cleaner finish.

·
Registered
81 Posts
From what i can gather from your post is that your from the San Jose area. I'm from Milpitas, We put rides together all the time. Feel free to message me so we can link up and go for some rides.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts