Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at the repair manual on Brock's website and I noticed we have an oil screen just inside the case cover why hasn't anyone mentioned this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't think it is an item that gets cleaned in normal maintenance. Only if you split the cases. It does not show up in the scheduled maintenance in the shop manual.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Schleppy yah your probably right it's not a normal part of maintenance but I will be opening it up to install stiffer clutch springs,upgraded oil pump and adding a custom oil cooler now my bike is broken in fully 2,500mi

·
Registered
64 Posts
I could be wrong but i think you can change to an external filter for like 50 bucks?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting mysta post a link if you can
I'm using wix filters in my bike only bc I can get them dirt cheep but it still sounds handy

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think that is a external filter mysta I thought you where talking about a spin on filter when you mentioned external btw my filters fun me 3.47$ and it comes with the oring

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was inspecting my transmission case before i started my BBK install and pulled out the oil screen. It was covered in nastyness. I definitely felt it was beneficial to clean it up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts