Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Pretty Zoot ...... If it offers extra oil cooling (it should) I'd buy one :wink2:
Plus it will hold more oil now !
Especially after you offer the additional clamp on cooling fins :rolleyes:
The current oil coolers are way to big and bulky for me plus all the lines .
You'll be rich ! ... Well, a little nicer vacation anyways

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
I didn't think oil filters got that hot. Would cooling fits clamped to the outside really have that much effect on oil temp?

It would be nice to have plugs for those that might want an oil cooler in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I come from Taiwan. Z125 pro don't have any Official agent. :frown2:

The OEM oil filter is expensive (about $15 per OEM filter Made in Japan). But per spin-on filter of car is about $2.1.

So I'm made the oil filter adapter for Z125 Pro.:grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you plan on making more? How much shipped to the USA?

I'm made this adapter in my friend's factory ,at weekend.

It just a weekend project.

This adapter is use SUS304 made ,SUS304 is difficult to milling and cutting. So production it will be expensive.

Maybe I can send you design diagram ,you can make it by yourself. :wink2:

PS:you can use different materials ,ex.6065 or 7075 aluminum alloy to made it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The file is drawing diagram.

Details as follow:

you will need three O-Ring ,the size is 60*2.5 , 12*2.5 ,and 9*1.5

60*2.5 O-Ring put in the groove ,between 65.3mm and 59.6mm on diagram.

12*2.5 O-Ring put in the groove ,between 17.4mm and 12.3mm on diagram.

9*1.5 O-Ring put in the 12.3mm hole diagram.

and you also need two hexagon socket head cap screw ,the size is M6*16.

M20 on diagram ,this is the filter thread size. Actually it represent M20*1.5 . You can change it to your desired size.

Pick the oil filter ,only need to OD1 < 68mm. but H1 can be < 70 or 80 or more.

The oil filter I use, its size is OD:68 H:70. There is plenty of Height space there .

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
Refer to the attached diagrams and machine the thing out of aluminum or steel. Not entirely certain the aluminum will hold up very long, but it might. Could maybe modify it to use a threaded tube that threads into an aluminum base and is the correct thread pitch for the filter. That might make it cheap enough to produce, and still last a long time.

Saddly, iskyro's work will be pirated and put on ebay within about 2 weeks time, and probably sold for $60usd each.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don’t think so many people need this adapter ,because the oil filter it's cheap in the US.

If you want to use this design diagram in business ,please inform me and mark this design is from Taiwan and mark my ID.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Do you have a part number for the oil filter you used in your design? I'm looking to see if my guy can make a few of these up. If I do, I will make sure to give @iskyro credit for the design.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have a part number for the oil filter you used in your design? I'm looking to see if my guy can make a few of these up. If I do, I will make sure to give @iskyro credit for the design.

you can use Mazda PE01-14-302B ,WIX 57002 ,MANN W6018.

Their threads are M 20 x 1.5 ,and no reverse lock

·
Registered
875 Posts
Would anyone be interested in these? I have a guy that will make a batch of 10. I am gauging to see if there would be enough interest to sell all 10 or if he would be stuck with 9 after I bought mine....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts