Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where did you get the 15T and how much? I have a Kitaco 15T & 16T but they are hard to find. So a reliable source would be good to share.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had bad results with my 15t sprocket

lost top speed, and hill climbing speed

will save it for future big bore maybe then it will work better

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tell us more about the oil pump and cooler. How was the installation? Where did you source each one? Any temperature measurements before and after?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hard to say on the temps as the spark plug temp gauge may not be representative of the oil temps. I did read somewhere that there was a 30f drop on the Grom system, so I bet its pretty close to that. Install was fairly easy...I'm not good at reading foreign languages, but its pretty straight forward. Looks pretty cool too. These are quality pieces. Will know more about any temp differences on the daily commute this coming week. Will post anything of note then. All the items were purchased from Hard Racing.

·
447 Posts
Hard to say on the temps as the spark plug temp gauge may not be representative of the oil temps. I did read somewhere that there was a 30f drop on the Grom system, so I bet its pretty close to that. Install was fairly easy...I'm not good at reading foreign languages, but its pretty straight forward. Looks pretty cool too. These are quality pieces. Will know more about any temp differences on the daily commute this coming week. Will post anything of note then. All the items were purchased from Hard Racing.

Install photos ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've installed oil coolers on 155cc and 140 cc bikes and had around 30-50 degrees lower from the cooler

I would assume the same for the z125

I had to cover the cooler on cold days just to make sure oil didnt get below 180
you get too cool and condensation build up in the oil

I used a dip stick temp gauge on those bikes to get before and after cooler install

and would just a cheap sweatband to cover over the cooler
not to block all the air flow just most of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts