Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did oil change yesterday, oil only no filter change. When refilling the bike with oil its taking pretty much the whole quart and its still not at the top dot on the dipstick. I did kinda make sure to drain every last drop of old oil, was this why?

·
Registered
76 Posts
So I did oil change yesterday, oil only no filter change. When refilling the bike with oil its taking pretty much the whole quart and its still not at the top dot on the dipstick. I did kinda make sure to drain every last drop of old oil, was this why?
Mama Kaw says she takes 1.0L or 1.1 quarts. Sounds like you're about right where the Mama says she wants you.

Reactions: Jetta

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mama Kaw says she takes 1.0L or 1.1 quarts. Sounds like you're about right where the Mama says she wants you.
Makes sense then. Could have sworn I read. 8 without filter and 1.1 with. Maybe whatever I read was in liters.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The dip stick (or for other bikes sight glass) is your friend.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dip stick (or for other bikes sight glass) is your friend.
Oh I've known that from many cars being owned, I always go off the dipstick no matter what it says. Although new to motorcycles, I imagine the same rule applies lol. I didn't get a chance to pick up another quart until this morning so I drove around yesterday with the oil just past the half way mark on the dipstick. My big thing was knowing whether an accurate reading was with the bike straight up or the kickstand/having the screw the dipstick in or just resting it. I came to the conclusion that the bike should be upright and the dipstick need not be screwed in.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just make sure you are checking the oil during the correct times so you can get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
141 Posts
run the bike for a few then check it again it should rise a lil.
i run it around the block one time then check it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just make sure you are checking the oil during the correct times so you can get an accurate reading.
run the bike for a few then check it again it should rise a lil.
i run it around the block one time then check it.
I do a check when cold everyday for reference, but for the "proper" check I've been running it for about 5 10 minutes, then let it sit for about 2 or 3 then check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts