Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I knew I wouldn't last long, just pulled the trigger on an Ohlins rear shock, can't let @Greedy get too far ahead in the mod race:rolleyes:

I have had gold suspension on all my bikes, so it makes sense to continue this philosophy with the newest addition to the stable.

Can wait for it to arrive and get it fitted with the FFC spring >:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, I knew I wouldn't last long, just pulled the trigger on an Ohlins rear shock, can't let @Greedy get too far ahead in the mod race:rolleyes:

I have had gold suspension on all my bikes, so it makes sense to continue this philosophy with the newest addition to the stable.

Can wait for it to arrive and get it fitted with the FFC spring >:)
Yep! Living the dream..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And it is in, WOW, what a difference. Whole job took about 20 mins following the instructions in the box, too easy.

Cant wait for the fork kits to arrive now.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have an Ohlins installed too. Hands down improvement over stock. Comes with 2 spring choices. Fully adjustable preload and adjustable compression. Oil reservoir reduces internal temps when used on track. The stock shock may be better than the Grom but that's not saying much.

·
Registered
60 Posts
and tell them what is on it's way now @Phil
If its an Ohlins fork kit he will be happy when he gets them installed. The improved rear shock will make the poor performance of the forks even more noticeable.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an Ohlins installed too. Hands down improvement over stock. Comes with 2 spring choices. Fully adjustable preload and adjustable compression. Oil reservoir reduces internal temps when used on track. The stock shock may be better than the Grom but that's not saying much.

Exactly, the whole damping system is more composed, when you hit bumps or road imperfections it recovers immediately, not 100m down the road like the OE shock. Soaks bumps up better too without being harsh and at the same time feels more rigid, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If its an Ohlins fork kit he will be happy when he gets them installed. The improved rear shock will make the poor performance of the forks even more noticeable.

100% correct, on both counts :smile2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
100% correct, on both counts :smile2:
You will love it when you get the forks installed. At 200#'s I was overworking the stock set up pretty bad and it was very noticeable on the track.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You will love it when you get the forks installed. At 200#'s I was overworking the stock set up pretty bad and it was very noticeable on the track.

Even arrived with the heavier 68000-05 springs already fitted, winning. Great service from @mnnthbx too, US to Australia in a week, happy days.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Is there anything that can be done to the stock shock to make it better? The rules I'm under require the stock housing/slider but internal modifications are OK. A different spring for the shock is allowed, but at my weight it looks like I'm getting proper sag from the stock spring with the adjuster.

Same rules apply to the forks, the stock external pieces are required, but I can drop in an Ohlins kit or cartridge if I want (and I'm sure I will want this in time).

·
Registered
330 Posts
My question is, is that Thailand shock on ebay worth a dam?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is there anything that can be done to the stock shock to make it better? The rules I'm under require the stock housing/slider but internal modifications are OK. A different spring for the shock is allowed, but at my weight it looks like I'm getting proper sag from the stock spring with the adjuster.

Same rules apply to the forks, the stock external pieces are required, but I can drop in an Ohlins kit or cartridge if I want (and I'm sure I will want this in time).

I am sure someone that knows what they are doing could re-valve the OE shock

1 - 18 of 18 Posts