Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

Ohlins Fork Kits FDK106 for the Z125 Finally Released

11K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  crakerjac 
#1 · (Edited)

After much wait, the time has come for proper front end suspension on the Z125 Pro.
All of you that have enjoyed the Ultimate feel of the Ohlins Rear shock, can now balance the bike out with the Ohlins Front Fork Kit.

OHLINS FORK Valve Kit, Fork Springs & Billet Alum. ForkCaps <<
(Complete UpgradeReplacement for OEM Forks)
Fits: '17-18Z125 Pro
p.n. FDK106
NOTE: Includes (2) Sets Spring Rates to covernearly all rider weights - NO CHARGE
Sale Price$275

We will of course have our traditional Full installation video shortly to make it that much easier to follow along.
Just like we did for the Honda Grom.

>> CLICK FOR MORE DETAILS <<

&

See less See more
Reactions: HoustonZ125
#2 ·

Our first shipment arrived.

Limited QTY, if anyone wants one, order soon.

#3 ·

INSTALL VIDEO finally done.

#6 ·
#7 ·

After much wait, the time has come for proper front end suspension on the Z125 Pro.
All of you that have enjoyed the Ultimate feel of the Ohlins Rear shock, can now balance the bike out with the Ohlins Front Fork Kit.

OHLINS FORK Valve Kit, Fork Springs & Billet Alum. ForkCaps <<
(Complete UpgradeReplacement for OEM Forks)
Fits: '17-18Z125 Pro
p.n. FDK106
NOTE: Includes (2) Sets Spring Rates to covernearly all rider weights - NO CHARGE
Sale Price$275

We will of course have our traditional Full installation video shortly to make it that much easier to follow along.
Just like we did for the Honda Grom.

>> CLICK FOR MORE DETAILS <<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQugpn-MsAs&

Front forks installed backwards at the end of the video.

THANKS!

#8 ·

Not sure what you mean ?

How does someone install forks backwards ?

#27 ·
After installing this kit last night, @nbeninati is just trolling. There is NO WAY that a human being with an IQ over 10 could not figure out that the fork tubes are able to be rotated. You have to fight them the whole time to keep them from rotating when disassembling and reassembling the forks.

Well done nbeninati, well done.

#28 ·
Are you smoking something or just unable to read and comprehend?

They are backwards.

Using them as a reference point at the end of their video you will assume that everything you did is backwards. If you use a heat gun it is a pain in the butt and in the moment all you are concerned about is getting it off before thread lock dries again.

HR doesn't care about preventing someone else from doing the same thing and they ignore their customers.

If they hadn't I never would of went and posted on their form.

mnnthbx has a perfect video without a bunch of useless information. Wish I bought from them and used their video.

At the very least a simple annotation is all I asked for but they can't even do that.

#32 ·
blah blah blah. It's backwards they know it. I know it. You know it.
Oh wow this discussion is still going on? :eek:

Having the tubes rotated that way does not constitute "backwards". Some installers do it that way on purpose. Then they bolt up the caliper on that side and rotate it around when the wheel is positioned. It's a method some racers use when swapping out tires so they can leave the calipers on.

Let me explain how it works. Support the steering stem, pull the axle, lower the front wheel down and forward enough that the caliper is off the rotor, rotate the lower tubes away from the wheel. Usually for me it's 90 degrees out to the side, but for a fresh fork install I can see just putting them in as shown in the hardracing video. It's not wrong or backwards. Then with fresh race tires mounted, position the front wheel, rotate the lower fork legs back into their normal position, raise and push back the wheel so the rotors slide into the calipers and slide the axle in. Racers have been doing this for decades as a way to save time during tire changes.

Now, putting freshened forks in as Hardracing has shown is just a similar concept. When it's time to put the wheel back on, the forks are turned back around. That's all. :D

#31 ·

That old saying " Can't make everyone happy. "

Well at least the other 2235 viewers seem to be happy or at least content with the video's content.

#33 ·

Back in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.