Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

After much wait, the time has come for proper front end suspension on the Z125 Pro.
All of you that have enjoyed the Ultimate feel of the Ohlins Rear shock, can now balance the bike out with the Ohlins Front Fork Kit.

OHLINS FORK Valve Kit, Fork Springs & Billet Alum. ForkCaps <<
(Complete UpgradeReplacement for OEM Forks)
Fits: '17-18Z125 Pro
p.n. FDK106
NOTE: Includes (2) Sets Spring Rates to covernearly all rider weights - NO CHARGE
Sale Price$275

We will of course have our traditional Full installation video shortly to make it that much easier to follow along.
Just like we did for the Honda Grom.

>> CLICK FOR MORE DETAILS <<

&

Reactions: HoustonZ125

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Our first shipment arrived.

Limited QTY, if anyone wants one, order soon.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

INSTALL VIDEO finally done.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
20 Posts

After much wait, the time has come for proper front end suspension on the Z125 Pro.
All of you that have enjoyed the Ultimate feel of the Ohlins Rear shock, can now balance the bike out with the Ohlins Front Fork Kit.

OHLINS FORK Valve Kit, Fork Springs & Billet Alum. ForkCaps <<
(Complete UpgradeReplacement for OEM Forks)
Fits: '17-18Z125 Pro
p.n. FDK106
NOTE: Includes (2) Sets Spring Rates to covernearly all rider weights - NO CHARGE
Sale Price$275

We will of course have our traditional Full installation video shortly to make it that much easier to follow along.
Just like we did for the Honda Grom.

>> CLICK FOR MORE DETAILS <<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQugpn-MsAs&

Front forks installed backwards at the end of the video.

THANKS!

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Front forks installed backwards at the end of the video.

THANKS!

Not sure what you mean ?

How does someone install forks backwards ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are too funny. The forks are not "backwards" permanently. You know you can rotate the fork legs right?
You are too funny. You know that in the moment of doing an install all anyone really thinks is they installed everything backwards and need to take off the bottom of the forks to switch out the rebound/compression. Probably not because you did not buy the kit and or use their install video.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You are too funny. You know that in the moment of doing an install all anyone really thinks is they installed everything backwards and need to take off the bottom of the forks to switch out the rebound/compression. Probably not because you did not buy the kit and or use their install video.
You're trying to hard.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are too funny. The forks are not "backwards" permanently. You know you can rotate the fork legs right?

Wow that is what this is about ?
We watched the video over and over, and just couldn't figure it out, since the Right Leg was mounted on the right, and the Left Left was mounted correctly on the left.

All we did was slide the forks into the Triple tree to finish the video.

We Had no idea, we had to show "How to install a Fender" since you can ONLY Mount the fender and Caliper one way.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well I watched the video. I expected the front wheel to be mounted above the triple clamp where the rider's head goes. I was let down. :D

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I watched the video. I expected the front wheel to be mounted above the triple clamp where the rider's head goes. I was let down. :D

:wink2:

·
Registered
20 Posts

Wow that is what this is about ?
We watched the video over and over, and just couldn't figure it out, since the Right Leg was mounted on the right, and the Left Left was mounted correctly on the left.

All we did was slide the forks into the Triple tree to finish the video.

We Had no idea, we had to show "How to install a Fender" since you can ONLY Mount the fender and Caliper one way.

Again what you might not understand is in the moment all anyone thinks is everything is backwards and needs to come off. Which is what happened to me. Then we found out everything was right all a long after redoing it.

Can you just own up to your mistake and fix the video?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Again what you might not understand is in the moment all anyone thinks is everything is backwards and needs to come off. Which is what happened to me. Then we found out everything was right all a long after redoing it.

Can you just own up to your mistake and fix the video?

Thanks
2100 views on that video, and you're the only one complaining about being "backwards in the moment". I mean, let's do some math here. You have two forks, 1 wheel, 1 rotor, 1 caliper, and finally 1 fender. The brake line placement should have instantly give it away as to which side each fork gets installed on. Next time why don't you do yourself a favor and pay more attention when you're dismantling something, so you can remember how to rebuild it properly, or better yet, pay a professional to do it for you... That way it's less likely to fall apart while you're riding it due to lack of properly torqued fasteners.

Or you know what? Just keep blaming the company that created the install video and provided it to you for free. It's obviously their lack of knowledge and mechanical know-how that led to your confusion on the position of each part during reassembly. It's called Accountability; look it up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2100 views on that video, and you're the only one complaining about being "backwards in the moment". I mean, let's do some math here. You have two forks, 1 wheel, 1 rotor, 1 caliper, and finally 1 fender. The brake line placement should have instantly give it away as to which side each fork gets installed on. Next time why don't you do yourself a favor and pay more attention when you're dismantling something, so you can remember how to rebuild it properly, or better yet, pay a professional to do it for you... That way it's less likely to fall apart while you're riding it due to lack of properly torqued fasteners.

Or you know what? Just keep blaming the company that created the install video and provided it to you for free. It's obviously their lack of knowledge and mechanical know-how that led to your confusion on the position of each part during reassembly. It's called Accountability; look it up.
2100 views maybe 10 bought and installed it if that?

I did everything correctly. You must not be able to read?

Their video had the forks on backwards at the end causing me to think I did install springs backwards which I did not.

Pretty funny the content of this message is almost identical to what HardRacing just PM'd me about an hour ago.

You work for them? Second account?

Again, all I wanted HR to do is admit they made a mistake and correct it so it does not happen to anyone else.

Not asking them to give me anything. Not that hard.

If they did not ignore the customer in emails I probably would have never said anything on their forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2100 views maybe 10 bought and installed it if that?

I did everything correctly. You must not be able to read?

Their video had the forks on backwards at the end causing me to think I did install springs backwards which I did not.

Pretty funny the content of this message is almost identical to what HardRacing just PM'd me about an hour ago.

You work for them? Second account?

Again, all I wanted HR to do is admit they made a mistake and correct it so it does not happen to anyone else.

Not asking them to give me anything. Not that hard.

If they did not ignore the customer in emails I probably would have never said anything on their forum.

Guy, they did NOT install the forks backwards. Your brain may be backwards, but the forks are installed correctly. They just had not rotate the fork bottoms around before finishing the video. Guess they figured no one would be that dumb. Guess they thought wrong, because here you are.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guy, they did NOT install the forks backwards. Your brain may be backwards, but the forks are installed correctly. They just had not rotate the fork bottoms around before finishing the video. Guess they figured no one would be that dumb. Guess they thought wrong, because here you are.
K
It is on the bike and they are backwards. That is indisputable.
Enjoy your bone stock bike.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts