Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest how many k's/miles are people getting out of the OE IRC tyres on their Z?

I have only got 4500 on mine and the rear tyre is down to the wear markers. I would have thought a tyre with so little grip would have to last longer than that, especially on a bike with so little weight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got a bit over 10,000k just into the wear marks. Replaced it with a Pirelli Diablo 130/70-12.

As a side note still haven't had to adjust my chain since fitting the 428 at 6000. Now done over 13,000

·
Registered
464 Posts
. . .

As a side note still haven't had to adjust my chain since fitting the 428 at 6000. Now done over 13,000
Yeah, I replaced my OEM chain with a sealed o-ring chain, same size as OEM, and have been able to forget about making any adjustments ever since. One of the best nods an owner can do is get rid of that under $10 OEM sorry excuse for a chain.

Jim G

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, I replaced my OEM chain with a sealed o-ring chain, same size as OEM, and have been able to forget about making any adjustments ever since. One of the best nods an owner can do is get rid of that under $10 OEM sorry excuse for a chain.

Jim G
Thought this post was about tires?

Reactions: Kawasaki Brad

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just out of interest how many k's/miles are people getting out of the OE IRC tyres on their Z?

I have only got 4500 on mine and the rear tyre is down to the wear markers. I would have thought a tyre with so little grip would have to last longer than that, especially on a bike with so little weight.
Lots of variables to consider.
Your weight, heat (noticed you are in Australia), road abrasion, type of riding technique, and those little 12" tires have to
spin more than larger diameter tires at the same speed. OE tires are never my first choice, they are usually just okay,
but never the best.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went with the Power Pure 2CT. Way better than stock. Should last a bit longer on straights and a lot more traction in the corners. Ride quality is much improved as well since the stockers tend to never be truly round, you know quality control and all. I’m running a 140 on one and a 130 on the other will see if I notice any difference. At $55 a tire pretty cheap too over at Bike Bandit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went with the Power Pure 2CT. Way better than stock. Should last a bit longer on straights and a lot more traction in the corners. Ride quality is much improved as well since the stockers tend to never be truly round, you know quality control and all. I’m running a 140 on one and a 130 on the other will see if I notice any difference. At $55 a tire pretty cheap too over at Bike Bandit.
I ran that same tire on my BMW 1200 GT.
Was a helluva lot more than $55 a tire.:surprise:
Nice grip and wear on my big bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yup I’ve been running those on my sport bikes for years. Every bike I got the first thing I did was take the crappy stock tires off and put the 2CT on. I ran them hard at the track too and never had an issue with them (well as hard as I wanted to go anyway).

You can get them on sale at Bike Bandit right now for $48 for the front and $55 for the rear. Just put a set on the orange one and waiting on my shipment for the KRT. Already have them on 1 of the Monkey’s and ordered a set for the other. About $400 for 4 bikes, not bad since 1 sport bike front/rear would cost that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts