Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Been poking around for a few days. Just brought the z125 home from the dealer on monday. Put ten miles on it last night. I have an odd issue. When you crack the throttle and then the engine starts deceling, it has a "rattle". Has anyone else noticed this. Doesn't matter what RPM it starts deceling on. It happens every time. Anyone have that same "rattle" noise? I can hear its coming from the lower end.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does it only happen right when the RPM's are about to rest back at idle? Kind of like a metallic rattle/vibration sound that stops right when it's back at idle?

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine does it. Has since new. Hasn't gotten any worse in the 1,000+ miles I've done so far. Also doesn't cause any running issues. But it's something I'm paying attention to. My warranty will come in handy if it gets worse or causes a running issue. If the dealer can't figure it out, just make sure you document it with Kawasaki in case it becomes an issue in the future. I do notice it less now that I have a pipe on the bike. haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think i'll be dropping it off at the dealership in the next few days. I'm tired of listening to it.... It is...rather annoying... I'll keep you guys posted on what the dealer "says" it is. I've had terrible experiences with every dealer i've ever walked in to for warranty service, or any service for that matter. I'm not holding my breathe...

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Not the heatshield. Coming from inside the left side casing. I'm positive of it!
+1 :wink2:

When I first bought my Z' I remember seeing a couple of posts somewhere? but it was before I started saving everything to folders that a few people had the "Starter Clutch" one way bearings go bad and being replaced . And after seeing inside its kind of the only bearing in there without going into the middle cases. And it does sound like a Bad/Loose/Dry bearing ! Just something to consider mentioning as there telling you there's nothing wrong and that sound is perfectly normal :rolleyes:
Part # / 13194
https://veys.dealerspikeparts.com/oemparts/a/kaw/57f51f3c87a8660d6c7c97ac/starter-motor

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The return has been delayed until tomorrow. My zx10 decided to be an ******* and went from nice smooth clutch this morning to attempting to 12 O'clock me off a stoplight... Going to tear it apart tonight and make sure it didn't shear a rivet off the basket (Clutch baskets are the achilles heel of most gen zx10's). I'm guessing it's just the fact that it's a stock, 10 year old clutch. But i figure i'll drill and weld bigger rivets while i'm there.... I'll keep all of you posted when i get the Z back to the dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts