Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing my Comp Werkes exhaust tonight and when I was trying to unscrew the O2 sensor from the stock exhaust it broke the threads in half. It left enough thread on the sensor that I could screw it in the new exhaust and not have any leaks. Obviously it still throws a CEL because the sensor is broken lol.

Is it safe to run the bike like this or are there any major side effects?

Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
i would order a new one and wait but you can ride it. i did for a while and didnt have issues.

I was installing my Comp Werkes exhaust tonight and when I was trying to unscrew the O2 sensor from the stock exhaust it broke the threads in half. It left enough thread on the sensor that I could screw it in the new exhaust and not have any leaks. Obviously it still throws a CEL because the sensor is broken lol.

Is it safe to run the bike like this or are there any major side effects?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would order a new one and wait but you can ride it. i did for a while and didnt have issues.
I actually ended up riding for about 100 miles yesterday with no issues.

But for $238 for a stock replacement O2 sensor (which is ridiculous) I might as well spend the extra $80 and get the PC V autotune AT-200 w/ wideband.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I actually ended up riding for about 100 miles yesterday with no issues.

But for $238 for a stock replacement O2 sensor (which is ridiculous) I might as well spend the extra $80 and get the PC V autotune AT-200 w/ wideband.

Any thoughts on this?
sadly your engine light will be stuck on unless u know somebody at the dealer who can clear it for you. but that would be a great option so everything's on the money. i had a bazazz and liked it and now i have something a little more advanced but with the timing adjustment and a good tune your bike should be a ton of fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly your engine light will be stuck on unless u know somebody at the dealer who can clear it for you. but that would be a great option so everything's on the money. i had a bazazz and liked it and now i have something a little more advanced but with the timing adjustment and a good tune your bike should be a ton of fun.

With the Auto Tune PC V it'll be stuck on??

Also, which bazzaz did you have?

I have a stock sensor for sale, has about 200 miles in it. Name a price and its yours.
Let's say.... $50 shipped?

·
Super Moderator
407 Posts
If you're going to do a PCV wideband you still need to delete the stock O2. The "O2 optimizer" no longer comes with the kit in the US.

If you are doing any fuel mapping you need to delete the stock O2.

If the plug is stripped and you don't want to shell out $200 for a new one just delete the stock O2.

Usually someone chimes in on these. Being a mod and a seller I have to tread lightly. But the reason I started making these was to deal with the exact issues mentioned ^ above!

Z1252.png

1 - 12 of 12 Posts