Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, anybody out there Tech savvy with this bike?? I have a serious question, and unfortunately the shop manual doesn’t give you operation overview for the fuel injection system. Anyway key on and for about a half a second I get fuel pressure and injector pulse. After that half second no longer any injector pulse and fuel pump shuts off. still have spark, so bike will run by spraying starting fluid but won’t run on its own. Any ideas? Seems like the “prime” Circuit is functioning but the fuel required to actually Run has been shut off.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I wonder if the gas tank vent valve is pinched/plugged? If the fuel pump primes, the tank pressurizes and the pump dies... A quick test would be to try and start it with the gas cap open. Otherwise, there should be a way to run the fuel pump with an external power source to see if its bad wiring or a bad pump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh the pump will run, to prime, but the ECU won't let it stay on past the prime phase. injector will spray for the first second of cranking, then shut off as well. the ECU is shutting it all down, just can't figure out why!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts