Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is pretty dead. Is there no love for the Z125 any more? The Grom forum seems more active. I have both and I feel the Z is a better bike in a lot of ways but the Grom still seems to be more popular. I hope this isn't an indicator that the mini fad is over. At least Kawasaki is listing a 2020 z125 for sale so they must be selling in enough numbers to justify their existence.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think the mini bikes appeal to younger riders who tend to flock to Facebook. I agree that this forum is a bit dead, but most are these days.

I've personally felt the 'fad' has been over for quite a while. It seems like everyone who wanted one already got one.... but that doesn't make them any less fun.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I thought facebook was on the way to the coroner as well?

What's the best Z125 community on Snapchat?

Joking aside trying to get reliable information from facebook feels like trying to find a life partner on Craigslist. It's gonna be entertaining, but you aren't going to get what you were originally looking for.

I will always be a forum guy when it comes to vehicle discussion. Better organization of information, longer lasting archives, and generally better, more dedicated members.

Active =/= quality

Edit:
My implication here is that FB is of low quality, not your more active Grom community.

I think that's simply explained in the numbers of each bike sold. From now until eternity, there will always be more Groms than Z125s in the world, and therefore more humans talking about their Groms.

·
Registered
206 Posts
This forum isn't crazy active but it is active, there is at least a post a day so not sure what the complaint is. Also there are some really great members here that have provided great help on questions asked that I don't see an issue with "less" traffic.

·
Super Moderator
211 Posts
This forum isn't crazy active but it is active, there is at least a post a day so not sure what the complaint is. Also there are some really great members here that have provided great help on questions asked that I don't see an issue with "less" traffic.
Totally agree. Let's not confuse forum activity with forum quality. I'm an active member on 3 forums and this is my favorite one. Seems that the questions and answers are interesting and intelligent.

·
Registered
58 Posts
While I do feel like it has slowed down a bit, I would believe the nature of the forum has caused that effect. As people ask questions and get answers the next person with that question finds the thread and gets his/her questions answered with never asking or making a post. Also, when I first got my bike I spent hours reading all the old threads and finding the mods and suggestions that interested me. I now have a bike I'm happy with and no intentions of doing anything further so that has led me to come to the page less. I still do try to visit and check out the active topics to see any new discussions. Overall I'm still a fan of my Z and love riding it to work everyday. So far 38* is the coldest I've ridden and if I had to go further than a mile I wouldn't do it again. Next week it looks like we have a 27* morning in store and I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get the car started.

Off topic...
The cops woke me up a month ago to tell me they found my 50cc scooter on fire that I left at a club after a few to many beers. So that sucked, but at least I still got my Z.

·
Registered
275 Posts
In a lot of parts it's getting colder (55 here) and means less activity unless you're lucky enough to live in one of the sunshine states. I've got plans for my Z this winter so I'll be back around more then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
🍺

No love for the Z125?

I just ride mine. Besides the tail tidy, I haven’t done another mod and I won’t do any more. I commute it to work pretty much rain or shine. Only the coming cold will put a stop to that but I’ll go as long as I can. I read the forum out of interest in a super fun bike.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Going into the off season here. I just did the saddest thing there is. I took off my new PMT race tires (which were awesome) on the wheels and stuck them in the basement in plastic bags so freezing temps don't wreck them in the winter.

So now my bike sits in the garage in hoverbike mode, prepped for storage for 6 months. Sucks living in Wisconsin. My bike build has been done for a while, and not a lot to talk about aside from fun at the kart track.

Plenty of knee dragging love for the Z125.

http://vimeo.com/358960834

·
Registered
4 Posts
I get on here periodically, typically when I'm thinking about doing an upgrade of some kind. I love that this forum exists. I'm not looking forward to the colder weather 😞

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'm not much of a "poster boy" but I do go on here to see what is happening and got some ideas what to do to the Z, I bought an '18 back in march. I looked at both the grom and preferred the Z. from post I have read I, put on fat bars, bar end mirrors, zoom full pipe and fender eliminator, lot's of good ideas. I ride it to work as well as using it for a pit bike at hare scrambles "ftr". I have been riding for over 50 years, just got cleared from the doctor today, broke my left arm "again" back in september, been riding the z the last couple of days, could not wait to get back on it. keep the forum and post going, the Z will survive.

Reactions: handamputation
1 - 17 of 17 Posts