Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may seem crazy and completely dumb but has anyone thought of running nitrous on one of these little guys? I mean it obviously wouldn't be practical but I'm sure some where there has to be some sort of drag racing or "straight line" racing going on with mini bikes. Main reason I ask is because I think making a low slung stretched out drag bike out of one would look incredible.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wait wait I don't think this would be crazy at all. I was actually thinking about this the other day when I was running through this forum. I'm sure someone has done it before or will be planning on getting this done so this could be a real good discussion to figure some things out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just dont like the sound of a small air-cooled engine on n2o lol. But someone did post that there's a kit available. Just don't see it as a reliable option aside from maybe a race bike. On the topic of a motor swap, there's a '11 ninja 250r on Craigslist nearby for 1100 obo, so tempting.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait wait I don't think this would be crazy at all. I was actually thinking about this the other day when I was running through this forum. I'm sure someone has done it before or will be planning on getting this done so this could be a real good discussion to figure some things out.
I'm thinking that since it wouldn't be used all the time(atleast not in my case) do this with a big bore and cam and all the other supporting mods and at the push of a button it could be a really big rush on such a small bike.

I just dont like the sound of a small air-cooled engine on n2o lol. But someone did post that there's a kit available. Just don't see it as a reliable option aside from maybe a race bike. On the topic of a motor swap, there's a '11 ninja 250r on Craigslist nearby for 1100 obo, so tempting.
A friend of mine had the first 250 swapped grom in the country and when I asked him if he would do it again he said " H E L L NO!!!!" It's to much fabrication to do it and financially it doesn't make any sense. He owns a full fab shop and wouldn't do it again. At the end of the day you're just going to end up with a ninja 250 and for the price you could just buy a zx6 or something and have more fun.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I knew this guy with nos on his honda ruckus.

He had a 10oz bottle on it. It's kind of a tricky set up.

·
Registered
440 Posts
See now either of those would be great. I'm sure running the a small shot of nitrous with the mods you mentioned would work out. Once tuned properly, it'll definitely be ready for it. Colder plug too ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts