Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just was wondering. Ive read here about upgrading the z with ninja 300 injector? Just wondering will it be a plug & play kind of upgrade? Also what are benefits from this. Sorry in advance if dumb question

·
Vendor
691 Posts
So i just was wondering. Ive read here about upgrading the z with ninja 300 injector? Just wondering will it be a plug & play kind of upgrade? Also what are benefits from this. Sorry in advance if dumb question
You don’t “jet” EFI bikes with injectors. If you do swap to the 300 injector, FOR SURE you need a self mapping tuner or dunk time to have any chance on getting it to run right. We tested quiet a bit, and the OE injector handles our 155 stroker just fine, so unless you’re doing a package larger, don’t bother....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Agreed, I have the kit from mnthbx but I swapped to the 165 kit which brings it to 177 and I can't imagine using the 300 injector on anything smaller. Most of my map is pretty low. That said I wouldn't use the stock injector on anything above 165.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the 143 kit, V2 head, bigger TB, ECT...the only spot I could see it having an advantage is way up in rpm's at the top of 4th. I've got my rev limiter set at 12,200 and passed about 9500, close to 10k rpms is really the only time it seems like I could use more fuel than it can deliver. But I'm rarely up that high in 4th for normal riding and commuting.

I tried the 300 injector and it's a pain in the *** to tune. I've got the pc5 and auto tune. Could get it to run awesome up till about 6k rpm's then it would run like ****. And i could get it to idle correctly for nuthin. It would slowly go down in rpm's till it shut itself off. So I slapped back in the stock injector, reloaded the map I previously built, and back to running like a beast

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreed, I have the kit from mnthbx but I swapped to the 165 kit which brings it to 177 and I can't imagine using the 300 injector on anything smaller. Most of my map is pretty low. That said I wouldn't use the stock injector on anything above 165.
Drop me a contact Mysta, I just updated to the 165 with Stroker = 177 as well. Had a couple of questions for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts