Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newly acquired 2021 Z125 (w/no manual), with questions please...

What is the difference between a standard and a Pro, and how do I tell which I have?

What is that small incandescent light bulb in the headlamp for?

Previous owner put a big pipe on it, and Im sure its running lean...can I upload tunes to this bike, and if so, where is the port?

And lastly, regular or premium fuel in stock form?

Thanks!
~Chris

· Registered
202 Posts
If your just running a exhaust you won’t need to tweek fuel map.
But if your running exhaust and Intake mod you will need a Bazzaz or power commander.
One thing on these bikes is that the intake is very restricted via the air filter it will run like a different bike with cold air intake.
I’m running stock exhaust as I don’t like it loud so I’m only running cold air intake plus Bazzaz and my bike goes good.
It will get to the rev limiter which is 107kph no problem but it will get there a bit quicker with a pipe.
As for the z125 pro that’s what it’s called as there is a z125 but that’s water cooled.
Mine is called z125 pro KRT as it’s got the race graphics.
In Australia I run 91 fuel in my z and my litre bike also but I’m not sure what’s the equivalent in the USA.

· Registered
507 Posts
The none pro is the automatic version sold in Asia. In North America theres only the one

High beam.

You cant tune it on the stock ecu. You need a piggy back system (power commander or bazzaz) or a replacement ( aracer or hoeder)

The bikes run lean stock so this likely it. If just an exhaust put on I wouldn't worry about it.

These bikes call for 87 octane (regular) but they run hot and therefore I would recommend going up but will run fine on 87 if you want to save money. Just remember dont let gas with ehtanol sit for too long.

Also to avoid running too hot or having shift issues put full synthetic oil and change it every 600 miles.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your just running a exhaust you won’t need to tweek fuel map.
But if your running exhaust and Intake mod you will need a Bazzaz or power commander.
One thing on these bikes is that the intake is very restricted via the air filter it will run like a different bike with cold air intake.
What intake/filter do you recommend?

· Registered
202 Posts
Hey sorry for the late reply. But what I did was I used the snorkel that goes into the standard Kawasaki airbox.
It’s got some sort of glue on it but it pulls out fairly easily.
Then got a UNI filter from eBay.
Also you will need a carbon or what ever you choose to support the fairings once you remove the airbox.
You can get this carbon rod from eBay also, you just buy a length and cut to suit.
You will have to remove the rubber grommets from the airbox also and super glue into the carbon rod.
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts