Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought a 2017 z125 in Daytona beach area looking for other owners that like to cruse around not my first have had a ninja 2004 636 an have had a gsxr 1000 2006 first mini bike I've owned looking for tip on getting use to wheeling finding fun spots to ride with lots of curves I've always used the power and on the bigger bikes not really use to dumping the clutch

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome!

You should definitely get a cage if you want to get serious about wheelies. Otherwise you will be replacing seats and tail lights frequently. :D

Clutch ups are much more controllable than power ups, though with some body positioning, these bikes will do power ups pretty easily too. Put your feet and weight on the back pegs and pull up on the bars while giving it some throttle and you will see what I mean.

I can only speak from my experience, but these little bikes are much more fun on the road than sport bikes. My Hypermotard is so fast that I have to be breaking several laws before I start having enjoying it on the road. The Z125 is much more fun because you can wring it out fairly legally. Sport bikes are great for the track, but, at least for me, cramped and overpowered for the street.

I've had other small bikes in the past and loved them, but the Z is more fun than I ever imagined it would be when I bought it. Hopefully you get the same joy out of your Z!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts