Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, my new z125 will be delivered to the states sometime at the end of April. I'm curious as to where I can start ordering some aftermarket parts, if any. I've never bought a bike this new, so I'm not sure where to look. All I've found is one website that really doesn't look safe. Thanks in advance for any help. -Alex

·
Registered
330 Posts
you should be able to order parts from companies overseas the only downside is you'll pay a lot for shipping which at the end of the day could amount to a whole nother part, like a fender eliminator.

What modifications and accessories would you be interested in getting first?

·
Registered
96 Posts
The shipping is pretty ridiculous. I would wait it out personally. Just depends how much you are comfortable with spending on the delivery charges, let alone the actual cost of the parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses guys. Initially I'm going to be going after some kind of throttle mod(motion pro throttle kit?). Fender elimiator and exhaust too asap. I'm sure at some point I will want aftermarket blinkers. Eventually I will want aftermarket rearsets, as I ride track as often as I can. I have the luxury of having a kart track near me lol. On that note, would anyone happen to know what the grippy tires are for these bikes? I run dunlops on the track on my sportbike, but I'm new to these bikes.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. Initially I'm going to be going after some kind of throttle mod(motion pro throttle kit?). Fender elimiator and exhaust too asap. I'm sure at some point I will want aftermarket blinkers. Eventually I will want aftermarket rearsets, as I ride track as often as I can. I have the luxury of having a kart track near me lol. On that note, would anyone happen to know what the grippy tires are for these bikes? I run dunlops on the track on my sportbike, but I'm new to these bikes.
Pirelli Diablo Scooter and Michelin Power Pure SC are the top two performance scooter tires that come in 12" sizes

·
Registered
290 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Scooter and Michelin Power Pure SC are the top two performance scooter tires that come in 12" sizes
The Michelin Power Pure SC will be your best bet for keeping stock, or close to stock, sizing.

Dunlop TT93's are another option if you can find them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The shipping is pretty ridiculous. I would wait it out personally. Just depends how much you are comfortable with spending on the delivery charges, let alone the actual cost of the parts.
Just have to keep an eye on craigslist, ebay, even Amazon. good thing about amazon is shipping can be free.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Webike will slowly roll out parts for the Z. If you have lots to order, you can get free shiipping from them on an order of $450 or so.

They only have a couple so far:

KAWASAKI Z125 Pro Custom Parts and Customer Reviews

Started out the same way for Groms, but Aafter 2 years, they now have 1,600+ parts for the Grom.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would just start with sliders first before anything else and by the time I'm comfortable on the Z125, I assume the aftermarket would have caught up by then.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I would just start with sliders first before anything else and by the time I'm comfortable on the Z125, I assume the aftermarket would have caught up by then.
I agree. You really can't go wrong spending in areas that actually act as an investment and even save you money from the damage taken on from falls.

My next step would be a fender eliminator

·
Registered
96 Posts
They seem like a pretty reasonable purchase. I also always get fender eliminator kits. Tail tidy kits is how I usually hear them referred to.

Anybody considering something to use for storage and cargo?

·
Registered
466 Posts
well if you're going for loud and sounding like something else, might I interest you in a train horn? :grin2:

Not sure about bags but whatever the Grom has should also fit the Z125 too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So obnoxious. I don't ride a motorcycle to make as much noise as possible and piss off everyone around me. Never could understand the Harley-Davidson stereotype that rides in a big pack with super loud engines and exhausts that they know everyone else hates.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So obnoxious. I don't ride a motorcycle to make as much noise as possible and piss off everyone around me. Never could understand the Harley-Davidson stereotype that rides in a big pack with super loud engines and exhausts that they know everyone else hates.
That Train horn is completely over the top but Loud Horns Save Lives.

The little 'meep meep' horn that comes on most bikes is pitifully inadequate for letting cagers know you're there when they start to pull over into your lane and force you onto the shoulder, into the curb or completely off the road.

If they have the windows up and the stereo on loud they never hear you.

The FIAMM horn is the cheapest and quickest safety mod you can do on a bike. $13/5-7 minutes change-out.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That train horn is just for jokes, not something I would install and you need extra saddle bags just for it.

Is anyone planning on doing power mods like adding a turbo for a bit of extra power? Or is the potential reliability reduction going to be a problem?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Indeed, no one in the right mind will run a train horn, unless they really want to piss people off. The best thing you can do is ride in a way you make sure drivers see you and make sure you ride in a way that puts you at the advantage.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Where's the horn usually located and is it hard to change out? I think it's near the front air intake but I'm not sure.
You can see it clearly in this photo. It's up above the engine head, attached to the front of the air box. It's 3-4" circular in shape.

Should take 5-10 minutes to change it out. Unscrew old horn, remove two wire quick connectors, install new horn in same position, attach the two connectors. Bam!

rw.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts