Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do y'all think that Kawasaki will answer Honda's call with a new Z125 PRO? I really don't know what to expect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kawasaki seems milk a lot of miles out of every bike design before updating. Just look at the much anticipated all new 2022 KLR 650. Pretty much the same bike as it was back in 1986...lol... Bayou 220 and 250 ATV's....I think a 20 plus year run. We will be getting the same Z125 with Bold New Graphics well into the future.

·
Super Moderator
407 Posts
Kawasaki seems milk a lot of miles out of every bike design before updating. Just look at the much anticipated all new 2022 KLR 650. Pretty much the same bike as it was back in 1986...lol... Bayou 220 and 250 ATV's....I think a 20 plus year run. We will be getting the same Z125 with Bold New Graphics well into the future.
The KLR is in it's own league. Top selling dual sport on earth for a consecutive decade up until 2015.
Bayou 220 and 250? When's the last time you saw one of those dinosaurs.

Look at models that are moving.
ZX10 has 6 giant leaps in technology and advancement since 04
ZX6 has 7 major revisions since 95
Check out the Ninja 1000, Ninja 650, Z900, Z650, Ninja 400, Ninja 300, Ninja 250. Not in to sportbikes? Check out the Vulcan lineup and even how often the Versys lineup get's updated.

To be fair there are dinosaurs in other aspects of the Kawi lineup.
The 1700 V-twin (Vaquero/Voyageur) is dated.
The ZX14 is very dated but still absolutely awesome to ride.
The 900 V-twin wasn't the pinnacle of technology when it was new in 06......and hasn't changed since.
The Brute Force 750 is terribly old and fugly, but it's getting a major revision for 2022.

Point I'm trying to make is:
I love Kawasaki because they constantly improve and revise. Basing Z125 revisions off of KLR650 and Bayou timelines is probably not very accurate.

Want to talk about stagnant product lines? I don't want to name names or point fingers, but it rhymes with Suzuki.

PS: The fastest and most powerful production motorcycle in the history of earth is STILL the Kawasaki H2R. 400kph+ (258mph) and 320hp+ out of the box on a bone stock bike. Can't wait to see any other manufacturer on earth "answer the call" on that. Been 6 years now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All the manufactures stick with the same stuff for decades. All the developments go towards the bikes that will be raced, as in the super sports. The only reason there are so many new models popping up, is due to Euro emissions regulations forcing them to abandon older models, or in the case of the KLR, ditch the carbs and go fuel injected. I don't see why they wouldn't just keep the same old models, as they continue to sell. At least Kawi updates the body work every now and then, unlike the rest of 'em.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The KLR is in it's own league. Top selling dual sport on earth for a consecutive decade up until 2015.
Bayou 220 and 250? When's the last time you saw one of those dinosaurs.

Look at models that are moving.
ZX10 has 6 giant leaps in technology and advancement since 04
ZX6 has 7 major revisions since 95
Check out the Ninja 1000, Ninja 650, Z900, Z650, Ninja 400, Ninja 300, Ninja 250. Not in to sportbikes? Check out the Vulcan lineup and even how often the Versys lineup get's updated.

To be fair there are dinosaurs in other aspects of the Kawi lineup.
The 1700 V-twin (Vaquero/Voyageur) is dated.
The ZX14 is very dated but still absolutely awesome to ride.
The 900 V-twin wasn't the pinnacle of technology when it was new in 06......and hasn't changed since.
The Brute Force 750 is terribly old and fugly, but it's getting a major revision for 2022.

Point I'm trying to make is:
I love Kawasaki because they constantly improve and revise. Basing Z125 revisions off of KLR650 and Bayou timelines is probably not very accurate.

Want to talk about stagnant product lines? I don't want to name names or point fingers, but it rhymes with Suzuki.

PS: The fastest and most powerful production motorcycle in the history of earth is STILL the Kawasaki H2R. 400kph+ (258mph) and 320hp+ out of the box on a bone stock bike. Can't wait to see any other manufacturer on earth "answer the call" on that. Been 6 years now.
My point wasn't really accurate and just said mostly in jest over a few models. up until a short while ago, I owned a Bayou 220 and my friend still has the 250. Great small quads. Bullet proof and truth be told, I wish I still had it. I also love Kawasaki so don't get the wrong idea about my musings. I currently own 3 Kawasakis including a Ninja and an 05 KLR 650 I bought new. I personally am glad the KLR came back as it is a good bike for short money and that is a rarity these days. Had an 06 900 vulcan which was a nice cruiser but I could never get comfortable on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts