Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my '17 Z today in silver. Was going to get a grom but couldn't find one anywhere.

I come from full size bikes of all shapes and size. I got the Z to do cheaper track days (crashing a Daytona 675 is very expensive I have found), fun rides to work and just hooliganing.

To start off my mods I ordered some rearsets and levers, next up is a pipe.

See you all around.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome!

This little thing is a breath of fresh air in traffic compared to big bikes. It's the master of the red light right turn, u-turn, right turn. :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
We have a lot in common. I'm in Wisconsin and I've crashed two 675's, one that was crashed so hard that the motor head gasket blew. Kinda sucks when the bike starts rolling, hahah. Then I managed to crash my '13 and damaged BOTH brembo rotors. That was pricey.

Where do you plan on getting your track action in? Motovid has those track days going at Milwaukee mile, and the Motorplex at Road America is nice, but they all pale in comparison to USAIR in Shawano. I just got my Z and haven't run it there yet, I'm still building on it myself.

Anyway, some of my local buddies on various bikes will be getting together for a trip to USAIR soon. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome man, I'm from Manitowoc.

I managed to lowside my '14 675R on T-5 at Road America. Both the bike and I managed to somehow roll damaging everything cosmetic. Thankfully everything super expensive and critical survived.

I was planning on doing some warm up time at the motorplex open track days and eventually broaden my tracks. I wasn't aware of any other karting tracks around here so thanks for the info, I'm definitely game to travel a bit.

Hit me up on Facebook, San Dan Droik.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I blew the exit of the carousel at RA, just over cooked it passing someone in a CCS race in 2014.. Broke 9 bones that day. The totaled bike was nothing compared to my medical bills. But I crashed three times at the kart track an never hurt myself. Much safer there but still fun.

This is USAIR, best kart track in the US. That's me on my old 300 race bike. It was a cool October so I couldn't rail the corners too hard. The guy following me is on a SV650. And go easy on that other guy, he just learned to ride. But it's a world class track. So twisty and technical.

I'm not on Facebook, but you can stop by WiRiders.com and say hi. There's a couple of guys setting up some kart track visits right now. WiRiders is a cool group of guys, mature, very little squidliness and heavy on the track action.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good! I have to go in and get both of my rotator cuffs checked out after my crash still (living in denial to avoid medical bills). I'm debating replacing the Daytona with an R3 or RC390 as my primary track bike.

I will definitely have to get to USAIR, looks like a blast. I'm still trying to get some of my other track crew to get on the midget bike bandwagon as well. Hopefully will get the 125 on the track this summer.

Did you do any suspension mods to the Z? I'm debating going full onlins before I hit the track but I'm not 100% certain yet.

·
Registered
562 Posts
No suspension mods for me yet, and I think all I'm going to do is new springs up front and thicker fork oil. I'm definitely not going high end with the suspension, that would cost as much as the bike. I should probably start a build thread around here to discuss.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Congrats on the bike.

I bought mine for the same reason as you. I've had more fun on the z125 than I have had on the r1 or gsxr750 I use to track.
The stock suspension did fine for me (175lbs) after I tightened the rear all the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts