Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Excited to participate in the forum....I have lots to learn!

Just purchased a 2019 Z125 with only 100 miles on it....bike WAS mint. Unfortunately the other day, like an idiot, the bike jumped on me getting into 1st gear as I had too much on the throttle. Was shocked that there was not more scratches or cracks to the bike.....really no damage except I might have bent the handlebars. Something feels off with them and the front tire is now not aligned.

Can the bars be bent back if they are bent? Is there a way to confirm? if I replace them....should I go stock or I see lots of people love the Pro Tapers bars.

appreciate any guidance!

Would also love to see other Z125s in the Candy Steel orange that have some cool mods.

thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to the forums, everytime I see an orange one makes me want to replace my plastics with that color :D

The OEM handle bars are so flimsy that they flex if you just tug on them, they aren't meant to be crashed on thats for sure, cheapest OEM bar I have ever seen. There are a few options depending on budget. The ProTaper ones seem to be the best bang for your buck and come in many different bends that you have options.

ProTaper & Renthal Handlebar Dimensions has a list of measurements so you can see the different height options. If you want a bit more strength in the bar go with a 1 1/8 bar (you will need an adapter to switch from 7/8 to 1 1/8 size though, pro taper sells it for cheap Pro Taper 7/8" To 1 1/8" Universal Handlebar Conversion Kit | 10% ($4.00) Off! - RevZilla)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much Azlar49! Will take a look.

the stock bars are 7/8”? If I replace with the 1 1/8” will I need all new grips, and everything else on the bars?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The bars taper off at the end so you will not need new grips or controls (the measurements indicate how much space for "controls" to account for extra things like mirror mounts or other items you have that mount on), you might need some new bar ends depending on how thick the bar is on the inside. I haven't done it myself, I just put my order in last week and waiting for my new protaper contour 1 1/8 bar (mini low style). Once arrived I will find out if I need new barends or not, however I also am running woodcraft barend sliders with lever guards for racing so mine might work anyways.

In case any bends are missing from the measurements provided in the other thread for the contour- Contour Handlebars | Contour | Handlebars | ProTaper.com

Edit: You can get cheaper or more expensive bars but from my looking around the protaper contours have great reviews for the price. Revzilla have them on sale right now!

·
Registered
164 Posts
also something that has happened for me on bigger bikes is crashing at the track and the forks twisting causing the wheel to feel like its not straight. As long as the forks are not bent, you can loosen or take the wheel off and just move them back and forth and then put the wheel back on and then ride it will realign as the forks twist independently on their own with the wheel off; when riding on them a couple of hard braking to load them will be best

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also something that has happened for me on bigger bikes is crashing at the track and the forks twisting causing the wheel to feel like its not straight. As long as the forks are not bent, you can loosen or take the wheel off and just move them back and forth and then put the wheel back on and then ride it will realign as the forks twist independently on their own with the wheel off; when riding on them a couple of hard braking to load them will be best
Thanks again! Going to ride again Friday and will check out alignment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts