Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up y'all, my name is Anthony, but most call me "Tony". Just bought my first bike! Been wanting one for such a long time. Got a killer deal on my 2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro. Only 1k miles, fender eliminator kit, etc etc. I do have two questions however. Does anyone know of a cheap slip on exhaust I could buy to just beef up the sound a little? And will putting a new exhaust on it void my 1 year warranty through Kawasaki?

Thanks! Nice to meet all of you!:)

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Welcome Tony
There are no slip-ons like bigger bikes.
Still best bang for buck is this one ... But looks like there $150.00 now ?

Warranty:
Because you bought it from a dealer ask them and get a recorded " NO " from them
Or just keep the stock exhaust and put it back on if you need to take it in for any serious engine related issue

I bought mine used from a dealer with 1,100miles and the re-call was not done and had to take it back in
So have them double check for the 2017 ECU Re-call
or you can check here

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Tony
There are no slip-ons like bigger bikes.
Still best bang for buck is this one ... But looks like there $150.00 now ?

Warranty:
Because you bought it from a dealer ask them and get a recorded " NO " from them
Or just keep the stock exhaust and put it back on if you need to take it in for any serious engine related issue

I bought mine used from a dealer with 1,100miles and the re-call was not done and had to take it back in
So have them double check for the 2017 ECU Re-call
or you can check here
Nice to meet you Kaw'ee!
Thank you for the advice, I will give the dealership a quick call and ask about the warranty. As for the ECU re-call, they told me that they fixed that problem already so I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi BigTony! What Texas area are you from? I'm currently in the Austin area.

In my opinion though, an exhaust is a bit of a money rabbit hole unless you have the funds to spend all at once. If you change out intake/exhaust independently without a fuel controller then you lose out a bit on speed and efficiency. But then again- we don't buy our 125's for speed! Just thought I'd throw that out there though so you'd know it's kinda a 3 purchase combo.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi BigTony! What Texas area are you from? I'm currently in the Austin area.

In my opinion though, an exhaust is a bit of a money rabbit hole unless you have the funds to spend all at once. If you change out intake/exhaust independently without a fuel controller then you lose out a bit on speed and efficiency. But then again- we don't buy our 125's for speed! Just thought I'd throw that out there though so you'd know it's kinda a 3 purchase combo.
Sorry, been away for a few days haha. I'm currently just north of the McKinney area!
Thanks for letting me know about the fuel controller, I didn't even think about that haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts