Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New rear shock added 1 1/2" more travel to match my forks mod of 1 3/4" more travel.
10.5 long shock with a 400lb spring and 2 1/2" lowering link worked out (lucked out) great
Overall seat height dropped 1/2" from stock height and added 1/2" extra rider sag (1 1/2") so dropped the seat 1" and helped get rid of some of the stink bug feel (thrown forward)
The stock shock is made for riding street & double-up and not off road friendly even at lowest soft setting
Stock @ 4.100 Travel
Mod @ 5.625 Travel

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Sky Tire Wheel Motorcycle Helmet Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Trying out another shock today. TBolt #WHS-1401 (250lb spring)
I bought it hoping it would give me more travel like the last 10 1/2" shock so I bought it , but cant get the info I need from vendors so I just buy it. Thinking the street shocks are stiffer with a different oil viscosity that even with compression and rebound damping won't over ride what I need, Might even be the extra laid down position with the link could help for what I need ? I still need 6" . Set it for 2" of rider sag so it was super plush and see how that felt (very plush) and was coming back to set it to 1" but got a front flat . Should be great for a 175-200lb rider but with my 235lb on there I might need the 350lb spring. I will run the spring down some more and decide from there. Defiantly got rid of the solid brick rear end and feels like a dual sport bike suspension. This one only has 4" of travel but being able to actually set the spring and damping should be good enough. Modifications required to use this shock, Full write up with how-to when I'm done testing

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
350LBs spring installed and perfect for heavier or aggressive Dual Sport & Off-road riders. Modifications needed for install in video. (5 3/4" of fork travel also shown in video)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts