Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my permit for motorcycle riding in August and started looking for a bike that I could practice the basics on. Found a used 2017 Z125 Pro and have been practicing driving it around. Still a little nervous on quicker turns that require me to input a bit more counter-steering, cuz I feel like I'll low side. The owner before me did not take care of this baby very well so I think it's happier with me now. Cleaned it and while I was cleaning under the bike I noticed a lot of oil and dust just glued to the bottom. It looked like a dark mess starting from the top of the oil filter cap all the way back under the bike and on the chain. I cleaned it all (except the chain) and replaced the oil and oil filter and have been riding it and checking the bottom to see if it is leaking a lot of oil. I found small leaks but I just have no clue where it's coming from. There is no more oil on the oil filter cap since I cleaned it but there are light oil marks under the bike on the side of the shifter as well as around the shifter in general. I feel like It is originating from there and I am soon going to take off some fairings and try to find a gap or source of origin for the oil. Then I am going to fix it, clean the area, and do the chain. The owner before me had put on an aftermarket exhaust which sounds great but it doesn't seem like the process of that has caused the oil leak.

Wish me luck guys and let me know if you have any hints or suggestions. :giggle:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome

If you have not taken any rider classes , Please do . The BEST investment you can make on a motorcycle is in YOURSELF.

Take as many classes you can. they are cheaper than fixing your body and bike .

Oil leak should not be hard to find, there is only a few places for it to leak from.

Reactions: Aybman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome

If you have not taken any rider classes, Please do. The BEST investment you can make on a motorcycle is in YOURSELF.

Take as many classes as you can. they are cheaper than fixing your body and bike.

Oil leaks should not be hard to find, there are only a few places for them to leak from.
I did take a riders class I am just under 21 and in California, I need to wait six months until I can get my license. I am planning on doing intermediate courses too once I get a bigger bike! And yeah I'm pretty sure I can find it easily I just need to find the time to do an inspection lol. Thank you!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts