Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Z125 owners. I just wanted to make a short post about the new pc5 that I added to my bike this week .

I had installed an M4 exhaust with a Mtake intake so that was a big change from stock. I knew a fuel controller would help my bike to run much better and I was right ..

Online I saw a company call Fuel Moto. They were able to load a map with the specs that I sent them. I ran the bike with the map they installed and the bike runs really nice now. Its much more eager to rev in each gear. I was also able to remove the o2 sensor and run a block off plug.

I would highly recommend Fuel Moto as a place to get one if needed. My bike is pretty much all done now for the mods I wanted …. having a ball with this bike .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They loaded a map into the pcv . I typed in which mods I had M4 exhaust and M intake so they knew which map would work best. They installed the map into the pcv . All I had to do was hook the pcv to my bike and ride. The 02 sensor is no longer needed. I removed it and used a 12mm block off plug bolt .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its just so cool that there are companies out there that will help with picking a map and installing them for you . Not everyone wants or able to plug bike into usb ports and mess with everything.

By the way , the man in the box Mtake is such a great intake . love the way it mounted to the frame so well and way shipped to me so fast. The carbon fiber brace is holding the panels in place very well.

·
Registered
982 Posts
It's all good until the EPA comes in to crush things like they did with Harley. Let's remember that these fuel controller are to only be used off of public roads on pollution controlled vehicles (like our Z's). The popularity of Harley's programmers and the willingness of their dealers to blatantly violate the emissions laws was what did them in. Let's make sure the same doesn't happen to the rest of the motorcycle ecosystem. I really don't want to have to get tailpipe checks on my motorcycles every stinking year, this will make my yearly state inspection a laborious process.

I think it would be a rather good idea if there was a map that can be used with the stock exhaust and come out legal for those times when tailpipe inspections come around. If you prove the map is legal, then they leave you alone. Example is that Harley can provide tuning for their Screamin' Eagle exhausts, intakes, throttle bodies, etc., but these tunes all comply with the EPA standards. What I user does after they take it home is up to the user.

Will this ever filter down to our low end of the pond, probably not. But lets stay vigilant to the problem and appear to be complying with the local laws. California and New York are not too far away from emissions checks on motorcycles, let's not push them to move faster. The only thing that is currently stopping them is lack of a common data terminal and connection point.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Glad I dont live in NYC anymore. No emissions here!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Glad to hear it’s dialed in for you. Worth noting, we also have an extensive Bazzaz map library and gladly provide that to our customers...
Do you guys run any maps for PCV? I want a fully dialed in zoom loops with chimera intake :| I found the chimera before yours or I would have gotten that one... I like the mounting system better rip me. Also I'm the one with the green Z125 that ate **** in your video you posted on the 9th on your instagram and FB lol. Also if you happen to have any extra footage of my wiping out that would be awesome.....

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you want a dialed in map, take it to a dyno and have it tuned. If you want something 'close', take your pick at any of the maps. Its a bit of a crap-shoot on which ones are better than others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts