Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my green Z125 last Wednesday and have been enjoying learning how to ride!

I noticed some things about the bike that I wanted to ask:

- The speedometer skips from 0 to 4mph when I start out and also 4 to 0mph when I slow to a stop. Is this normal?
- Getting some squeaky noise from the back area when I roll the bike around slowly with my arms. Seems to be coming from the rear brake area. Anyone have this issue before?

·
Registered
933 Posts
- The speedometer skips from 0 to 4mph when I start out and also 4 to 0mph when I slow to a stop. Is this normal?
- Getting some squeaky noise from the back area when I roll the bike around slowly with my arms. Seems to be coming from the rear brake area. Anyone have this issue before?
Congrats on the Z and welcome to the forum! Also welcome to the cult of riding if this is indeed your first time on two wheels.

I just noticed that our bike does this 0-4mph thing as well while I was playing around with it on the stand. My advice? Don't look down at your dash during low speed maneuvers, your attention is needed elsewhere! XD I doubt I would have ever noticed if I didn't have it idling in 1st on a stand. Seems normal though. If you haven't been told yet, the speedo is set fast from Kawi. If you feel like you are holding up traffic but the speedo says you aren't, err on the side of not getting run over.

Almost any bike I've owned will make a little bit of brake noise when pushing it around the garage, squeaking doesn't sound normal though. If you have a video of it I don't think you can post links yet but if you put a space in the middle of the URL some of the more clever forum members can piece it together.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I don't even notice the speedometer thing anymore after riding in the street. The squeak in the rear area got better once the bike was cleaned up! It is indeed my first time on two wheels and it's been a blast learning the controls and how to ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts