Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I picked up my Z125 during my lunch break today in Portland, OR. My first few miles have been nothing but smiles! This bike is going to be perfect for my short 4-mile commute in city traffic. Can't wait to start the modding!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! You definitely do look real happy in that picture lol

What do you plan on modding first ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you plan on modding first ?
I'd like to replace the clutch/brake levers, get a brighter headlight/taillight, and possibly a new seat. I'm also curious to know what's out there for grip replacements. I'd like something a bit larger in diameter, and possibly with a bit more "cushion." Eventually, I want to do the intake/exhaust/fuel controller. Oh, and perhaps different tires once I get a feel for how these will work in the rain (I plan to commute most of the year on the Z).

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd like to replace the clutch/brake levers, get a brighter headlight/taillight, and possibly a new seat. I'm also curious to know what's out there for grip replacements. I'd like something a bit larger in diameter, and possibly with a bit more "cushion." Eventually, I want to do the intake/exhaust/fuel controller. Oh, and perhaps different tires once I get a feel for how these will work in the rain (I plan to commute most of the year on the Z).
The stock compound is actually quite good in wet weather from my experience. The last 10 miles of my ride back home this afternoon was along a wet + curvy strip of rural two-lane where it had just poured from the Heavens compliments of a pop up thunderstorm. The little bike took it all in stride @ 55mph indicated.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice, you got a plan going on and there's tons of vendors and members on here that can help you source some good stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts