Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I won a brand new 2017 Z a few months back in a raffle and have been commuting on it to work. I've put about 800 miles on it so far and I'm now on to prepping it for some Mini Racing with NY Mini GP since they are only about 45 minutes from my house.

Already purchased a Brembo Caliper and SS lines and Galfer Rotor from HardRacing.com as well as a lightened primary from mnnthbx.com.

Anyone else out there racing their Z?

My Z and my real race bike below!

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Cool. I'm tracking mine at USAIR kart track in Shawano, WI. I'm a former CCS racer and long time track rider. What tracks do you have available to youin NY?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I'm tracking mine at USAIR kart track in Shawano, WI. I'm a former CCS racer and long time track rider. What tracks do you have available to youin NY?
For big tracks we have New York Safety Track (NYST), Watkins Glenn (never ridden there), and we use to have Monticello Motorsports Club (MMC) before they went fully private and stopped allowing bikes to run it.

For mini moto we have Oakland Valley Race Park (OVRP) where the NY Mini GP runs out of which is only 45 mins from me which is awesome and then we have NJMP where NJ Mini GP runs and they also have the two big tracks that I run the R1 on as well.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have Road America right in my back yard, rode there so many times and raced it last year.

Other drivable distance tracks by me are Blackhawk Farms and Autobahn Country Club. Other tracks if I don't mind a 6-7 hours drive is Gingerman michigan and Brainerd MN. The furthest track I've been to is NCM, Kentucky. (worth the 9 hour drive)

Road America also has their "Motorplex" kart track which is decent but not as good as the flawless USAIR with it's perfect asphalt. It's 1.1 miles and 18 turns.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome! I'm a fellow trackday junkie, track bike is a 07 gsxr 600. I ride at NJMP, Summit Point, PittRace most often. Next year I want to try NJminigp again with my Z.
I don't think bikes run at the Glenn anymore.

Who do you run trackdays with?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! I'm a fellow trackday junkie, track bike is a 07 gsxr 600. I ride at NJMP, Summit Point, PittRace most often. Next year I want to try NJminigp again with my Z.
I don't think bikes run at the Glenn anymore.

Who do you run trackdays with?
I ride with Absolute Cycle Experience (ACE) as I'm a partner with them and when I ride NYST I ride with whatever organization is running that day as I'm a member at the track.

I know that STT had a few days scheduled at the Glenn last year but not so sure about this year.

I'll be writing a couple days down at NJNP on the see you as well next season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts