Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Now up on the site! Captured chain adjusters for the #hondagrom & #z125! They won’t fall out when doing service work. Cut to a seamless fit into the swingarm. Hard anodized 6061. All black stainless hardware.

·
Registered
222 Posts
across a multitude of kawasaki products. They have got to be the worst adjusters. Other options are always welcome

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have been wanting something like these for a while to speed up rear wheel changes at the track. If these came with springs and locknuts to hold everything in place when the axle is removed, they would be perfect. But they are still closer than anything else out there, so I'll be buying a set and adding my own hardware. Thanks for making these.

·
Super Moderator
1,822 Posts
I have been wanting something like these for a while to speed up rear wheel changes at the track. If these came with springs and locknuts to hold everything in place when the axle is removed, they would be perfect. But they are still closer than anything else out there, so I'll be buying a set and adding my own hardware. Thanks for making these.
I like it lobot,
Or 2 internal jam nuts set to the end cap so that it sets to same setting and you wouldn't have to reset chain slack every time
[Edit] Wait spring does same thing. derp

Provided your changing with the same size sprocket installed
Or is that the reason for changing out ?

MNNTHBX sorry guys, off topic just realized this is your vendor forum, Delete as req'
or maybe ....
Quick Change Revision #1 ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, my goal was quick wheel swaps during endurance races. The spring is between the chain adjuster plate & axle block(slides over the threads in the circle) and takes up the slack to keep the axle block in position after the axle is removed. The locknuts eliminate any loose nuts and allow rapid chain adjustment. I made a prototype set that bolted to the swingarm but I can't find a photo. They worked well, but I'd rather just buy these than make them. I also made tapered captive axle spacers as you can see. Both wheels swapped in under 4 minutes, if I remember correctly.
adjuster.jpg

·
Vendor
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No need for any locknuts, and jam nuts on the inside isn't a thing. No way to adjust them. The spring is a great idea however. We may add that option, but that component would be easy enough for anyone to source regardless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts