Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

NEW! - MNNTHBX captured chain adjusters

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mnnthbx 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I have been wanting something like these for a while to speed up rear wheel changes at the track. If these came with springs and locknuts to hold everything in place when the axle is removed, they would be perfect. But they are still closer than anything else out there, so I'll be buying a set and adding my own hardware. Thanks for making these.

#7 ·
I like it lobot,
Or 2 internal jam nuts set to the end cap so that it sets to same setting and you wouldn't have to reset chain slack every time
[Edit] Wait spring does same thing. derp

Provided your changing with the same size sprocket installed
Or is that the reason for changing out ?

MNNTHBX sorry guys, off topic just realized this is your vendor forum, Delete as req'
or maybe ....
Quick Change Revision #1 ;)

#8 ·
Yes, my goal was quick wheel swaps during endurance races. The spring is between the chain adjuster plate & axle block(slides over the threads in the circle) and takes up the slack to keep the axle block in position after the axle is removed. The locknuts eliminate any loose nuts and allow rapid chain adjustment. I made a prototype set that bolted to the swingarm but I can't find a photo. They worked well, but I'd rather just buy these than make them. I also made tapered captive axle spacers as you can see. Both wheels swapped in under 4 minutes, if I remember correctly.
Auto part Fishing reel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.