Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenda has just sent us some pre-release 12" tires to test, and on the surface they look great! We'll keep you posted with some real world road tests. Perfect dual sport fitment for the small bore scene. They'll be available and in stock in December, though I have a feeling MNNTHBX will be giving away a free set sometime prior....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Waiting patiently for the review.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Whoa! Those are going to look tough! I'm guessing we don't want to know how much they weigh? It hardly matters, if you need the grip you need the grip.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Definitely my next tires. :wink2:
I never liked the look of the Maxxis knobby tires for some reason
My Kenda K761's are not showing any wear yet so it might be a while.
Then again, They look so good they might be worth the Selfies alone :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any updates on these? Are they about neck and neck with the Maxxis? As for just looks I am digging the Big Blocks. Trying to decide on which set to get in and mounted so I am ready for the Creek Bottom Classic @ The Barber Small Bore

·
Registered
277 Posts
Any updates on these? Are they about neck and neck with the Maxxis? As for just looks I am digging the Big Blocks. Trying to decide on which set to get in and mounted so I am ready for the Creek Bottom Classic @ The Barber Small Bore

I'm also interested in hearing more about these as they look like they would be great to take the Z off-roading with...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had mine mounted today, flurries off an on so only once around the block. Seems like they fight me a little bit in slow turns but once I get moving I don't notice much difference on the road. I'm a little more timid leaning, but I don't think I ever get near the limits anyway. Have to get them offroad soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
Those look tough mounted! I really dig the pink/purple accents on your bike as well Kev.

Agreed they fit the visual of the Spade better, but the Z can be whatever it wants to be. ;]

·
Vendor
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We've been racking up some miles on them. They'll rattle your teeth until you hit about 8mph, then they become smooth and fast rolling. Shockingly good street grip, and obviously FAR more grip once the street ends....

·
Registered
4 Posts
tires size

It appears the only 12" front tire they make is 120/70. Anyone having problems of fitment?

Also how do we get a price from you for a set?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
It appears the only 12" front tire they make is 120/70. Anyone having problems of fitment?
They have 7 sizes 110/70 to 140/70 listed on the Kenda web site.

But I myself would trust and go with what MNNTHBX offers knowing they tested and know what works best on small bore bikes

Unless you have a specific need for another size

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine are from MNNTHBX, and their sizes. Cycle Gear put them on, no issues. Got a short ride in before the rain this am, same road I normally get 55-57 on I was struggling to keep it over 50. Not sure how the sizing affects the speedometer, I need to check it with gps. For reference, I'm an un-aerodynamic 240lbs. They are staying either way, never was in it for the top speed and I'm a fan of the looks, even if I don't have the spade.

·
Vendor
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well as much as I love the look of the Big Blocks I ended up ordering the Maxxis M6024 since the Blocks are on back order. Just wondering if anybody is having the new tires balanced when mounted ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts